~ First Chapter ~

The sun was slowly setting and spilling orange color in the sky. Although the darkness will cover everything for an hour, the city was crowded with people. Among them was a sixteen-year-old boy named Shirota Mahiru.

His brilliant brown hair neatly fell to his ears, his brown eyes wandering lazily around the street. On his shoulder sat a black furry cat with long tail. Around cat's neck was tied a little, golden bell on a red necklace.

Mahiru was a young man who loved simple things and hated complicated things. So he picked up a black cat one day and took it home. He did not even know that the cat, that was sitting on his shoulder, would change his life.

"Mahiru..." yawned the cat in a tired voice.

"What is it, Kuro?" he asked and looked at him with the corner of the eye.

Kuro opened his red, shiny eyes and looked at his master.

"Can you hurry? The sun is killing me..." he whined again and closed his eyes.

Mahiru sighed, rolling his eyes and accelerating the step. Kuro is actually a pure-blooded vampire whose other form was a black cat. Better said, he was Servamp. What is Servamp? Well... That's actually a long story. Servamp is a vampire who drinks only one human, master, or rather Eve. In exchange for the blood, Servamps guarded their Eve and listened to all their orders.

How Mahiru found himself being Kuro's Eve? He had no idea. But he did not regret it once. There was eight Servamps; each of them showed one mortal sin. Kuro was Servamp of Sloth. In other words, lazy asshole that she could not raise ass to go to the toilet. But Mahiru and he somehow found a common language. How, it is a mystery...

Mahiru suddenly stopped when he heard meows. It's jerked Kuro from his sleep. He sat on his shoulder and looked at him confused. Mahiru stood frozen as he listened.

"Mahiru?" murmured softly Kuro.

But he did not get an answer. Mahir focused on the sad meows that were coming out of a dark alley on the right. He turned and looked into the alley. He could not see anything. To get a better look, he turned to the alley and stepped into the darkness.

"Mahiru?" asked now deeper voice.

He turned to the young man, with ice blue hair. Beneath his red eyes stretched dark circles. He was frowning to show his confusion.

"Kuro..." began Mahiru, but meows interrupted him.

This time Kuro heard it. They turned toward the alley carefully watching. Kuro tilted his head and blinked lazily several times. They both got deeper into the alley.

Mahiru ran to the small cats body lying helplessly on the cold floor. Kitty had white and black pattern as the tiger and was licking a bloody paw. She repeated the silent, sad meow.

"She is hurt..." muttered Mahiru.

He reached for her, but she hissed. With the other three legs he bounced off from him and squeezed up to the cardboard box. Mahiru tried to get closer to the cat. But before he succeeded, Kuro stepped to the kitten in slow motion.

"What a pain..." he muttered, watching the kitten. "Come here."

He moved his hand to her, and she did not hiss. She allowed him to raise her in his hands. Carefully, he picked her up and looked at her. It seemed that everything is all right with her except that little paw.

"What's her?" asked Mahiru approaching.

"It's troublesome to explain..." he yawned and pushed a kitten in his jacket pocket.