~ Fifth Chapter ~

"How there are Servamps?" asked Leah as they walked through the streets crowded with people.

"Eight. But with Taiga nine." said Mahiru and scratched Kuro who slept on his shoulder. "Kuro, or Sleepy Ash, is the oldest among them."

"Each one is special?"

He nodded his head with a small smile.

"Each represents one sin. Kuro is Servamp of Sloth. What, for me, is horror because I like that everything is clear..."

Leah grinned at his comment.

"And what about others? And do you know their names?"

"We have Snow Lily, or All Of Love, he is Servamp of Lust."

"Lust?" she raised her eyebrows.

Mahiru nodded.

"It's nothing special... He just loves to strip... A lot..." he muttered and looked away from her.

"Oh... What else?"

"Hmm... Well, Hugh, or Old Child. He is Servamp of Pride. The proudest and the most annoying one." he grinned uncomfortably.

"Taiga withdrew hers status from him..." yawned Kuro on his shoulder.

Leah and Mahiru turned to the little black cat.

"What do you mean?" Leah blinked several times.

He lazily blinked several times.

"Taiga, or Proud Tiger, is Servamp of Vanity, in other words, she's proud of herself and thinks she's always right. It's sometimes annoying, but most often she's right..." he said closing his eyes.

"Wait, Kuro, do not sleep." said nervously Mahiru.

"What do you want?" Kuro asked grimly.

"I noticed you're very good with her, unlike the others... What happened?" he muttered softly.

"Explaining is troublesome..." muttered Kuro sighing. "Do I have to?"

"Yes, please."

"Ugh, what a pain... In summary, Taiga was my Eve. Therefore, she will never become a real Servamp of Vanity. She will never to the end be able to display vanity. There will always be her human side to oppose it."

"W-What ?!" exclaimed Mahiru blinking. "She was a human?"

Kuro nodded.

"How then did she become a Servamp?" he asked, confused. "I thought Servamps were made..."

"He took her without my knowledge and did the experiments on her." Kuro interrupted. "She did not even remember that. When I wanted to make her my Subclass, she became Servamp."

"How is that possible..." muttered Leah.

"My blood activated that experiment."

"Because of your blood she has the shape of a cat?" asked the girl curiously.

"And, if your blood activated experiment, how is it possible that she withdrew the status from Old Child?" frowned Mahiru.

"Who knows... Maybe the creator wanted to do the subtypes of the major sins in a row ..." Kuro yawned and leaned on Mahiru's shoulder. "Do not bother me, I'm going to sleep..."

Mahiru sighed and thought for a moment.

"It makes sense. Melancholy is a subtype of Sloth, and Vanity is subtype of Pride. Maybe he was making subtypes from the oldest to the youngest... "he said quietly, and sighed. "I did not know they were so close..." he muttered softly. "That's why this morning he said that she understood the people better."