~ Fourteenth Chapter ~

"What should I bring?" Leah whined.

There was a large, pink suitcase on the bed. All around it was a pile of clothes. Leah was standing in front of the bed and nervously biting her nails. Taiga jumped on the bed in the cat-like form.

"What's wrong?"

"I do not know what to bring to Hot Springs." she muttered softly. "How long will we ever be there?"

"A week. Misono will pick us up in an hour." she said and swung her tail. "We need to plan everything out for the vampire attack."

"Ugh..." sighed Leah and began massaging her temples. "I just hope that everything will be fine."

"Do not worry."

There was a knock on the door of Leah's room. Shortly thereafter, the door opened and revealed Rowen. She went in and sat down in the empty place on the bed.

"Hey, you need help?" she asked, watching her clothes with her red eyes.

"Yes... Actually I need." she muttered.

Rowen got up and began along with her packing clothes in the bag. She advised her what to bring and in what amount. As they prepared her clothes, they talked about things. They spoke about school, about friends...

"How is training going?" Leah asked, putting the T-shirt in the suitcase.

"It's going great." she smile proudly. "I started to learn how to shoot a moving target."

"Woah... You're advanced." Leah said with a smile.

"It's only been a week and I feel like I've been this for years."

"Are you stronger?" she asked.

Rowen nodded.

"And more durable." she said, shrugging. "It's not so bad to be a vampire."

"It will not be boring to live forever?" Taiga said suddenly in her human form.

"It will, most likely."

"I'm dying of boredom sometimes..." she said, throwing herself on her back. "It's all the same... Nothing changes, at least not with me."

She started waving her legs in the air. Leah closed the suitcase and zipped it. She smiled proudly. She held out her hands in the air and sighed. Rowen looked at the clock.

"They will come soon." Rowen said. "I'll get my bag. We will be waiting for them in the kitchen?"

"Yes, I will come now." Leah smiled as she walked out of her room. "Will you stay in human form?" she asked Taiga.

"Yup. Either way your dad is not home."

She got up on her feet and repaired her coat. Two braids on each side prevented her hair falling into her face. At the back they were hooked a small, turquoise green bow. The rest of her hair was falling down her shoulders free in the waves.

Together with Leah she went to the kitchen. They left the suitcases there. Leah leaned over to the kitchen counter and Taiga on the table. When Rowen lowered her suitcase to the floor, someone rang at the door. She frowned and opened the front door.

"Dad!" gasped in surprise Rowen. "What are you doing here?!"

"They let me out of work earlier to say goodbye to you..." he paused as he saw her red eyes. "What happened to your eyes?"

Shit, I have no lenses, she thought panicked. She felt nervous as her mind worked fast. She was supposed to come up with a good lie. A very convincing lie.

"We have a masked party at Hot Springs." Leah said.

"Yes, yes!" exclaimed Rowen. "That's it! I'm going like a vampire..."

"Masked party?" asked confused their father.

"Yes." Rowen gasped. "Daddy, you do not even know how it will be fun, and I thought since vampires are very popular these days, why do not I disguise myself, look, I even have fake teeth."

She raised her lip slightly to show her 'fake' teeth. Leah nodded when dad looked at her.

"And who is this?" he asked, pointing at Taiga.

Leah and Rowen looked at each other. Taiga came to their father by stretching her hand to shake hands.

"Emma, nice to meet you Mr. Kimura." said with a kind smile Taiga.

As they were shaking, the door opened wide. Rowen, Leah and Taiga froze in place. Hyde and Licht stood at the door.

"Hey, hey, my ladies..." said Hyde with a happy voice, but he quickly became nervous when he saw their dad. "Uh... Good evening."

"And who are you?" wondered their dad confused.

Taiga ran to Hyde and hugged him around the arm.

"This is my brother, Hyde." she said with a smile. "And I'm a freak, so I dyed my hair purple. My original hair is blonde, like his."

"Yes, my sis is a real freak." Hyde whispered quietly, patting her head. "And this is my best friend, Licht."

The bell rang at the door. Rowen tried to open the door first, but her dad managed to reach them before her. She tightened her lips in a straight line. In front of the door stood Mahiru and Kuro in their human form.

"Um..." said Mahiru. "Good evening, I'm Mahiru, I live across. And this is..."

"This is Ash!" exclaimed Taiga. "His..." she paused and looked at them. "Cousin!"

"Yes, they are across the hallway." Leah said with a smile. "Ash came to visit him."

Their dad looked all over them. He nodded his head slightly.

"And you all go to Hot Springs?" he asked slowly. "On a masked party?"

"Masked what?" Hyde asked quietly on what he got hit in the ribs.

They all exchanged views for a moment.

"Yeah, we're all going on a party to have fun." said smiling Mahiru. "In costumes..."

"We live life as best as we can." Rowen smiled with a smile. "Woo!"

The door once again burst open. On them was Lily with unbuttoned shirt that fell over his shoulders. Misono wanted to scream something at the moment when he saw Mr. Kimura.

"Sorry, wrong door." Misono said simply and shut them close.

There was silence for a moment. Then Rowen cleared her throat and pointed at the door.

"We should go." she said softly.

"Have fun, and get in touch with me on the cell phone." their father said, putting the briefcase on the table.

"We will, see ya." Leah exclaimed.

They got out of their apartment in silence together. They went down the stairs. Outside, they met with Misono who yelled at Lily. When they saw them, they broke up the argument and looked at them.

"What was it? Did we create any problems for you?" Misono asked.

For a moment they were all serious. The first one to laugh was Hyde, followed by Taiga.

"This was a amazing!" exclaimed Hyde.

"I agree!" Leah said between the attack of laughter.

"Your dad's face when he saw Lily at the door half naked was priceless!" Taiga shouted.

"It's a pity that I was not there..." Mikuni said with a false sad expression.

"W-Can we go?" Misono asked quietly. "I think Tetsu and Hugh are waiting for us..."

"They're right, let's go." said Mahiru with a wide smile.

They all sat on the seats of Misono's limousine with their suitcases. As they traveled away from the white building, they laughed at the previous events.