~ Nineteenth Chapter ~

The sun illuminated the streets of an unknown city. The girl in gray-black school uniform with a turquoise green tie walked down the street. She held a brown school bag in her arms. Her long, lilac hair was falling down her back. Her bangs fell straight to her forehead as her brown eyes wandered in the street.

Taiga, Leah thought. The girl paused when she heard the sound. Her brown eyes turned to the left. There was a small cardboard box. She slowly came near and peered inside. The black little kitten was inside and meowed with closed eyes.

"Hey, baby..." murmured the girl, squatting down next to the box. "Where are you from?"

She put her school bag on the floor. She raised the kitten in her arms and started to lightly pet her. The cat purred and nuzzled her head in her hand. The girl smiled, picked up the bag and got up. She started running down the street with a cat in her arms.

She stopped after ten minutes in front of the large white - green house. She went into the yard, closing the iron door behind her. She walked into the house through the brown door that closed behind her with a loud crash.

"Emma, dear." said the man with black hair and gentle brown eyes. "Welcome home."

"Thank you, dad." the girl smiled. "Mom is not home?"

"No, dear, why?" her father asked.

"Oh, I'm just asking..." murmured Emma on what her father sent a suspicious look. "What?"

"Whenever you ask me that, you are up to something. Come on, tell me."

Emma rolled her eyes and took a kitten out. She slept in her hands. Father's eyes widened.

"Well... That's a surprise." he said. "Just do not get her out of the room when mom comes."

"I will not take him out." Emma said. "And there is no chance. If she finds out, she would throw him out."

"It is male?" the father asked, looking at the cat. "Maybe if you kiss him, he will turn into a prince on a white horse."

"Dad..." muttered Emma silently with a smile. "That's what happens if you kiss a frog."

"I'm joking." the father grinned and pushed the girl towards the stairs. "Go on. Wash it, it stinks."

"Are you sure it's not me?" Emma laughed as she climbed up the stairs.

"Both of you. You can take a shower too. I'll bring you lunch in the room."

"I was planning, thank you!"

She ran up the stairs. School bag was left in his huge white-walled room. She went with her cat in her hands to the bathroom, she wrapped her sleeves and let warm water. The cat now had open eyes and watched what Emma was doing. She took off her jacket and tie and turned to the cat.

"Come..." she whispered softly.

A short fight played, but she managed to put the cat in the water. She was scrubbing his fur and drying it in the end. On his neck she tied a black necklace with a golden bell. She came to the room and put him on her big double bed.

"How do I call you?" she said to herself thoughtfully. "Blacky? No, too easy. Um..." she sighed and buried her face in bed. "I have no idea, I'll figure something out."

She drew the curtains because the strong afternoon sun was beating directly in her window. She lit the lamp on the table and stretched. She took a spring dress from the closet and went to the bathroom. She stood under the shower and turned on the hot water.