~ Twenty Fifth Chapter ~

Leah's pink eyes opened. An unknown beeping sounded through the room. She turned from the white ceiling to the man sitting up to her bed. The comforting green eyes of her dad watched her, taking her hand in his.

"How are you feeling?" he asked quietly.

"My stomach is painful..." mumbled Leah, and looked around.

She was in the hospital bed. She lied in bed next to sleeping Mahiru. She frowned when she saw Taiga, Kuro and Rowen on the couch. They slept with their eyes closed and were quietly breathing.

"What..." she paused for a while. "What happened?"

"Emma said that some drug users attacked you when you and Mahiru were on a date." said her father and kissed her hand. "Neighbors helped you, and the three of them called an ambulance."

Leah spent a few moments in silence, collecting her thoughts. Memories came back slowly. Hotel... Vampires... Blood... But she just bit her lips slightly and nodded. It is better if he does not know the truth. Better for him. He will not be in danger if anything like this happens again.

"The wounds are not so deep. Not yours, not his." he said, jerking his head toward Mahiru. "Yet, you've lost a lot of blood."

They were not deep? She clearly remembered the feeling of dagger in her abdomen. She remembered the entire blade breaking her skin. It is impossible that the wounds were not deep. And for Mahiru too. The knife went through his side! Her father's cell phone rang. He got up and got it out of his pocket.

"I have to take this call, I'll be back soon." he said softly.

Leah smiled at him, kissed him in the cheek and he got out of the room. There was a murmur on the couch.

"Thank God he left." said Taiga softly. "I was not sure how much I could withstand pretending."

"You..." she paused. "...do not you sleep?"

"No." breathed Rowen stretching out. "Mahiru, he left."

Mahiru's brown eyes opened. He smiled and looked at Leah. Eve quickly removed the blanket from her.

"What are you doing?" Taiga frowned.

"It is impossible that the wound is shallow. I know how deeply dagger..." she started and lifted her shirt a little.

She stopped when she saw a small wound to the abdomen. It stretched from the navel to the chest, about 3 cm long. She touched it briefly. She looked shocked to the rest.

"How..." she whispered. "The dagger was wide at least 8 cm..."

"Eve's are not normal people." Kuro told her. "You have your advantages too."

"You can not heal until the end as we do, but you heal faster than normal people." Taiga said, putting her hands behind her head.

"Unfortunately, your scar will remain." Rowen sat on her bed, taking her hand to her.

"That's the smallest problem." Leah said, grinning. "I can not believe that I've been through all this fight and I have just one scar."

"Two." Kuro said. "Your hand too."

"Oh, just like me!" said Mahiru giving her an open palm.

They gave high-five and chuckled with vampires.

"And what now?" Leah asked quietly. "What will happen now?"

"Now..." began Mahir. "Now we will enjoy our life as Eve."