~ Twenty First Chapter ~

Green - black scythe collided with blue - black long claws. In the fight for advantage, the claws won and pushed scythe away. Taiga jumped to her feet. Her hands swirled her scythe and tiredly sighed.

"What am I doing wrong?" she asked quietly.

"Hold scythe tighter." Kuro told her. "Put all the strength in her."

She listened to him and tightly clutched scythe in her hands. She ran toward him and swung. Kuro again defended with claws. But this time Taiga did not give up. She harder squeezed blade toward him. She also clenched power of her legs in the scythe and pushed it even harder to him.

"Smart..." Kuro murmured, trying to keep her away.

Taiga grinned at his compliment. With her legs she tried to push her scythe further. However, Kuro took advantage of that moment of her carelessness and pushed her away from along with the scythe. She fell back on her back, her scythe slid several meters from her.

"Do not turn your attention away from the opponent." told her lazily Kuro. "Always be focused."

"How can I be focused and think about the next attack?" she asked quietly, rising from the floor.

Kuro thought for a moment. He approached her with her scythe in the hands and give her a hand to help her rise. When she got up, he gave her scythe and set it horizontally.

"When you think about the attack, set it up like this." he said softly. "So if an opponent attacked..." he swung his claws toward her as she raised her scythe and defended herself. "...you will be safe."

"Are you sure this will work?" she raised eyebrows confused.

He lazily nodded and pointed to the handle.

"Your scythe can not be broken, and if you set it like this it will stop every attack. If you set it well, of course."

"What if the opponent is too fast?" she asked, turning scythe in her hands.

"Activate tiger." he said softly. "Tiger's eyes are good with following the movements."

Taiga nodded, then sighed. The scythe out of her hands disappeared in the green flame. She lowered her hair from the high ponytail and took a deep breath to calm herself down. They've been training for two hours now. Her legs were weak and her hands could not do anything else.

She dropped back to the ground below the tree crown and closed her eyes. Kuro sat next to her in his cats shape. He watched her for a while, then jumped into her lap and lied there. He closed his eyes when her long fingers began to go through his fur. Not far from them trained Mahiru and Leah.

Mahiru swung toward her with his spear. She defended herself with the broadsword and pushed him off. She tried to attack him now, but this time he defended himself.

"I think we're just going in the circle..." said Mahiru.

"I agree..." mumbled Leah, wiping sweat from her forehead.

"Enough, we need to save energy for the evening."

Weapons disappeared from their hands. They turned into tattoos that stretched along their arms. Suddenly the rain began to fall. Leah frowned and looked around. Rain? How did it start suddenly? It is not even cloudy.

"Tsubaki..." muttered Mahiru.

"Tsubaki?" she asked quietly, frowning.

"Whenever he comes, it starts to rain."