~ Fourth Chapter ~

"You do not have a school today?" Tiger asked, looking at Mahiru.

She sat with Kuro on the couch and watched the TV. When she saw Mahiru leisurely walk around the house at this time, she was surprised. By all the rules, he had to be in school long ago.

"No, today is a free day." he said and yawned. "I think I'm getting lazy because of Kuro."

Kuro did not answer. He continued lazily to watch the TV. Although it did not seem so, the two of them actually had the strongest relationship. The connection between Eve and Servamp is essential to work together. And they were among the strongest.

"We all become lazy with him..." grinned Tiger.

"Shut up..." muttered Kuro through the teeth.

Tiger chuckled at his statement.

"Want some coffee? Tea?" asked Mahiru on his way to the kitchen.

"Tea." said Kuro.

"Coffee." added Tiger.

"Yes, sir!" exclaimed Mahiru from the kitchen.

Kuro pulled his feet out of Tiger's lap and sat down. He leaned back on the couch and hunched.

"What a pain..."

"What now?" she raised an eyebrow at his statement.

"All this..." he leaned his head on the couch.

"Come on!" exclaimed Tiger and turned to him. "You're respecting Mahiru, a lot."

"Not as much as you..." he said blankly staring at the TV.

There was silence for a few moments.

"Leave it alone." simply snapped Tiger. "That's the past."

"Just saying..."

The bell rang at the door. Their heads flicked toward the wooden entrance door.

"Can you open it? I can not go anywhere at the moment!" they heard Mahiru from the kitchen.

"You go." Kuro said simply.

"Why me?!" Tiger hissed.

"You better agree with people..."

Tiger could not deny it. Kuro would always scare people and chase them away. She sighed and staggered to the door. She did not even remembered to look through the peephole, she just opened the door. She leaned her hand on the door. When she looked better at the newcomer, her breath stopped in her throat.

"Hey, um..." Leah began. "Is Mahiru here?"

"Yes." Tiger said quietly. "Come in, I'll call him."

"Thank you." she said, entering the apartment. "Are you his friends or?"

Kuro turned his head toward her with his usual lazy expression. He sighed, leaning back on the couch. Leah frowned. It was dark in the apartment; the curtains were folded, and the only source of light was television.

"What a pain..." muttered Kuro softly.

Leah clenched her mouth in a straight line. She wanted to snap something at this comment, but abstained. She was looking at the apartment. She missed something. Then it came to her.

"Where are the kittens?" she asked quietly as Tiger entered the living room with Mahiru.

"Hey, Leah." smiled Mahiru.

"Sorry to bother you, Mahiru. I was just wondering if you want to go for a walk with me? I'm alone at home and it's a little boring..." she smiled.

"Yes, of course. I just need to get ready."

Tiger sat down next to Kuro on the couch and handed him tea. Her heart was pounding madly in her chest while her potential Eve stood behind her. She shakily sighed and closed her eyes briefly.

"Hey, Mahiru..." began Leah on what Mahiru turned to her. "Where are Kuro and Taiga?"

Tiger could not even turn around, nor warn her not to pronounce that name. The eyes of the Servamps widened when there were turquoise-green, bright circles circling around Tiger's neck and Leah's wrist.

"What..." began Leah.

As they quickly created so they quickly disappeared. In the room for a moment silence reigned. No one spun or spoke one word. Leah was shocked standing in place looking at Tiger.

"Congratulations..." Kuro said looking toward Tiger. "...Taiga."

"Shut up, Kuro!" hissed Taiga.

"Taiga? Kuro?" frowning said Leah. "What is happening?"

She looked desperately at Mahiru. Mahiru looked at Taiga's back. She sighed, then shook her hand.

"Tell her... There is no going back..."

"Mahiru, please tell me what's going on." Leah whispered desperately.

He sighed and went to the curtain. When he pulled the curtain, Kuro and Taiga turned into cats. Leah looked shocked at them. Mahiru again pulled curtains and cats turned into vampires.

"Who..."

"Servamps, they're Servamps." Mahiru said quietly. "In other words, vampires who have their lord and drink only blood from him."

He took off his black and white sweatband and showed black 'tattoo' on his wrist. That was actually his weapon that Kuro gave him.

"I am Kuro's master, Kuro's Eve. I gave him a name and that bell that he wears around the neck. These are the signs of our contract."

Leah was silent for a while, thinking about his words. She turned to Servamps, who were now staring at her with red eyes.

"What happened right now?"

Before Mahiru spoke, Taiga stood up from the couch.

"Temporary contract." she said. "You gave me a name, and as soon as you called me in this form, we created a contract, but do not worry. If you do not want to become Eve, the contract will disappear within 24 hours."

"Disappear?" Leah frowned.

"Yes. It's only if I do not drink your blood." she said, and sighed. "Ah, at last weight was lifted from my heart..."

"I..." began Leah on what Taiga turned to her. "I need time to think."

"It's okay." she waved her hand. "But until then I have to be with you. The contract forces us to it."

Leah nodded. Taiga clapped her hands and leaned toward Kuro.

"Come on, Sleepy Ash. Let's go shopping with them."

"Shut up, Proud Tiger..." he muttered as he stood up.

With tiny poofs, both turned into kittens. Kuro climbed to Mahiru's shoulder, and Taiga jumped into Leah's hands. She smiled and stroked her head in her hand.

"Take it easy, I will not force you into anything." she purred and climbed on her shoulder. "And now, shopping!"

Leah giggled.

"Shopping!" she repeated and went out with them outside.