~ Eighteenth Chapter ~

"How is she?" asked softly Rowen.

Wrath just came back from Taiga's room. She sat with a serious facial expression and repaired her long purple hair.

"Not good." she said and clicked her teeth.

"It's my fault..." muttered Leah softly.

Everyone in the room turned toward her. Her head was bent, and her brown hair covered her face. Her hands tightly squeezed the skirt in his hands. Her shoulders were shaking.

"If we had not separated from you, this would not have happened..." she said shakily.

Several tears fell on her hands. Wrath mumbled somewhat angrily under her breath. When she wanted to say something, Kuro looked up.

"Stop blaming yourself."

"But..." she began and raised her head.

She stopped when she saw Kuro's worried expression.

"She's not like this because of you." he stood up and put his hands in his pockets. "I'm going to try to talk to her..."

He turned on his heel and with a lazy walk went to the girls room. He knocked on the sliding door lightly. He quietly opened them and looked inside.

"Taiga?" he asked quietly.

"Go away..."

Despite her request, Kuro stepped into the dark room. He closed the sliding door behind him. He came to her sleeping bag and saw her curled up and covered over her head.

"Hey, Taiga..." began uncertainly Kuro and sat down beside her. "It's me..."

"Why are you here?" she asked quietly.

"I want, you know..." he paused. "...talk."

She pulled her eyes out of the blanket. She had been watching him for a few moments before her eyes were tearful. She dropped her blanket and ran to him. She hugged and buried her face in his jacket.

"H-Hey..." he murmured with pink cheeks.

"I did not succeed again..." she said shakily as her shoulders shook. "Because of me, Leah has almost died like dad... Why am I such a failure, why can not I ever defend those I love?"

Her voice gradually shifted from whisper to shouting. Kuro patted her back and pulled her closer to himself. He buried his face in her hair and gently closed his eyes.

"You are so troublesome..." he said quietly. "You are not a failure."

"I am... If you did not show up, he would kill her. I do not deserve to have Eve, I deserve nothing..." she whined softly. "That day we should not go out, we should stay home, and even though I knew that, I did not say anything because I was too selfish!"

"You're still blaming yourself..." Kuro whispered. "I think Leah should go into your memories."

Taiga stiffened for a moment in his embrace. Then she pulled out to look at him.

"What are you talking about?" she asked, shocked.

"Allow Leah to get in your memories, it will help you with fears and insecurities," he said, turning his look away. "Mahiru did this."

"I-I can not..."

Kuro looked at her with questionable expression. She turned her insecure look on her hands. After all this time, she looked like a human. Like a girl he met about thirty years ago. He sighed irritated and scratched the back of his head.

"Everything will be fine..." he stood up and put his hands in his pockets. "Trust me."

Taiga spent a few moments in silence. She was thinking about these idea. It was true that fear and memories hurt her. She could not shake the guilty feelings and everything else. If this does not solve until the vampire attack, she will not be able to fight. She took a shaky breath before she looked at him and answered.

"All right..." she whispered. "Bring her here."

Kuro nodded. Before he got out of the room, he bent down and pressed gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Good luck..." he whispered and left the room.

In the shared room he told Leah that Taiga was waiting in the room. He explained what to do and how.

"Get into her memories?" asked Rowen frowning. "Is not that dangerous?"

"It's not for Leah, but Vanity could be destroyed if she says something wrong." said Gluttony, and crossed his arms over chest.

Leah looked uncertainly at Kuro.

"She will not say anything wrong." said Kuro tilting head.

"We hope." said Wrath, looking down at Leah. "Speak carefully, squirt."

"I can not..." she stopped when she felt someone's hand on hers.

She turned to Mahiru, who was sitting next to her. He smiled gently.

"You can. I know you can. We all here know that." he said pointing to the rest in the room.

"But..."

"Only the one who hinders you are yourself, Leah." said Misono and put elbows on the table.

"You have to be a little safer in yourself." Mikuni added with his silly smile.

"Believe you can do it. We all think so." Tetsu told with Hugh on the shoulder.

"And, after all..." Hyde answered it with a grin. "Brother would not suggest this if he thought you'd ruin Taiga."

"Although he does not want to admit it, he cares very much about her." Lily said with a cup of tea in his hands.

"Enough about me..." muttered Kuro, then looked at Leah. "She's waiting for you in the room..."

Leah closed her eyes for a few moments. She took a deep breath and stood upright. She could do this. Everyone believed in her. But yet... Could she really do that? Will she really be able to say the right words to her Servamp and get her out of the dark? She turned on her heel and went to the room without thinking about anything. Thinking just killed her.

She walked quietly into the dark room. She closed the door behind her. She shook her nervous hands that were trembling and stepped farther into the room. Taiga sat on her sleeping bag and looked empty into the floor. At the sound of the steps she lifted her head.

"Hey..." whispered Leah uncertain.

Taiga patted place in front of her. With gentle steps she came to her and sat down.

"Ready?" asked in a trembling voice Taiga.

She was nervous too. Her Eve will see part of her life. That frightened her. She did some things she was not proud of, her family was not perfect, she was not perfect... Though she was showing it now as if she was perfect.

"Yes." said Leah suddenly.

"Good. I do not know exactly where it will take you, but probably at the beginning." she said, looking at her through the bangs. "Close your eyes."

Leah listened to her. She closed her eyes, suppressing all her insecurities. She was not important now, Taiga was. She felt her body hit the floor. And then in another moment she felt a sinking feeling. As if she is located in the endless ocean and sinking deeper and deeper. Good luck, Leah, she heard Taiga's voice and the darkness came.