Ten

Everyone else glanced at the clock too to see that it was, indeed, going on eight o'clock, which was the public pool's closing time. Natasha quickly gathered her items and headed towards the exit. Not glancing back to see if Bucky was following because she knew that he would, regardless whether Bucky was ready to. Reluctantly, Bucky followed Natasha, leaving the three outdoor lifeguards and the other two indoor employees.

Although it was a short distance to Natasha's car in the parking lot, Bucky couldn't help but glance over his shoulder to look at Steve. His strong muscles that effortlessly flexed as he pulled the pool cover over the inground swimming pool. What Bucky really didn't want to miss out on though was the way that Steve threw his head back as he laughed at something that his coworkers said. Sure, they were going to hang out, but Bucky wanted to spend as much time with Steve as he could. Especially since he had been clearly deprived over the last four years.

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" Natasha accused, leaning against the hood of her car as she teased, "Her name rhymes with Bonnie..."

Feeling entirely too guilty in the situation, Bucky swallowed down the lump that was forming in his throat. Leaning against the car beside her, Bucky confessed, "I did."

"Did? As in past tense?" Natasha clarified, tucking her hair behind her ear. Bucky directed his gaze to his feet and nodded his confirmation.

Natasha didn't say anything for a while and even though the people around them were loud, they stood there silently. Bucky wasn't sure what Natasha was thinking, but he knew she was watching him. Almost as though her gaze could burn holes into his profile.

"At least," Natasha started, and Bucky feared that she would say something like, at least you broke up before it was too late, even though Bucky was bi. But Bucky was used to hearing comments like that when gossip would arise from people breaking up. Natasha surprised Bucky though as she continued, "You were drooling over Hot Steve. We'd have an issue if you were into Clint."

Bucky snapped his attention to Natasha. With furrowed brows and a smirk, Bucky wanted to ask, you're okay with this? Instead, Bucky questioned, "Hot Steve?"

"Well, he is," Natasha stated the obvious. She glanced over at Bucky and bumped her shoulder against his. Well, as much as she could considering their considerable height difference. Nevertheless, an adoring grin grew along Bucky's face as he wrapped his arm around Natasha's shoulders.

"Makes sense," Bucky conceded, causing Natasha to look up at his face. Childishly crossing his eyes to make Natasha laugh, Natasha pinched his side to make him squirm away.

"How are you so cute," Natasha teased, poking at Bucky's cheek to annoy him.

"Just lucky, I guess," Bucky shrugged, leaning down to companionably kiss Natasha's forehead.

"Okay, so," Steve started as he made his way over to Bucky and Natasha. Glancing behind himself to make sure that his coworkers were locking the front gate at the changing rooms before confirming, "We'll meet up at my place in about thirty minutes?"

"Sounds good," Natasha agreed. As she passed Steve to climb into her car, she scrunched her face in disgust and pinched her nose as she teased, "I hope you use those extra ten minutes to shower."

"Oh, c'mon," Steve playfully rolled his eyes and lifted his arm to smell his armpit, "I don't smell that bad."

"Yeah, okay," Natasha sarcastically agreed while Bucky climbed into the passenger seat.

Steve feigned offense and declared, "Buck, tell her that I don't smell that bad." When Bucky scrunched his face in mock protest, Steve playfully demanded, "C'mere and smell me. I don't smell that bad."

Bucky nervously giggled and averted his gaze so Steve wouldn't see just how red his face probably was as he protested, "Yeah, no, I'm good."

"Fine," Steve stated with mock offense and tapped the top of Natasha's Nissan before moving away.

Natasha honked her horn and waved as she pulled out of the parking spot. She glanced over at Bucky, and once they were at the edge of the park, Natasha smirked, "I bet you don't mind a sweaty Hot Steve."

Bucky's blush darkened as he watched Steve in the side mirror, he admitted, "You're not wrong."