Thirty-Eight

For once, Tibby wasn't in Bucky's arms by the end of Steve's shift. Nope, not Bucky's. Instead, Tibby was in Sam's. As they headed out to Steve's truck, Bucky feigned pettiness as he teased, "Oh, I see how it is. I'm only the stand in until your real favorite comes along."

With her head resting on Sam's broad shoulder, Tibby smirked before shyly burying her face into Sam's bare chest. All the while Sam playfully confirmed, "Damn right. I'm Big Bro Sam! I'm everyone's favorite!"

Bucky rolled his eyes, but the smirk stayed on his as he headed over to Becca and Mandy. Becca was wearing Mandy's swimsuit cover up shorts and once Bucky was close enough, he comfortingly questioned, "You need me to pick you up anything?"

"Nah," Becca answered and gestured with her chin towards Hildy, "She refilled the tampons in the locker room. Thanks though."

"No problem," Bucky reassured. Noticing that the usual boys were hanging around like flies, Bucky asked, "What happened? You're not surrounded by your admirers."

Mandy sighed and flipped over onto her stomach while Becca rolled her eyes, "They're annoying."

"Kept asking us to show them our boobs," Mandy explained disinterestedly.

"They what?" Bucky asked, looking to see if the boys were around. Knowing that he didn't have to confront the boys because his sisters could take care of themselves, clearly, but still wanting to glare at them.

"Nothing out of the ordinary," Mandy deadpanned.

"Except for when they tried to untie your top," Becca calmly informed with a sigh of annoyance.

"That's..." Bucky started and looked around. Those little fuckers, Bucky internally mused, trying to find them. Turning back to his sisters, Bucky's brows were deeply furrowed as he questioned, "That's not out of the ordinary?"

Both girls shrugged and Mandy turned her head to look at Bucky. Squinting from the sunlight, she reassured, "It's fine. An elbow to the balls did the trick."

"Yup, that'll do it," Bucky agreed. Beaming proudly at his sisters. Glancing over his shoulder, he noticed that Sam was loading Tibby into the backseat of Steve's truck while Steve was standing there, leaning against the grill of the Silverado, watching Bucky. Turning back to face his sisters, he asked, "You sure you don't need me to get you anything?"

"Positive," they replied simultaneously.

"Okay," Bucky nodded and started heading backwards towards the exit. He told them, "I'll see you at home."

Indifferently, they waved after him. Smirking, Bucky turned around to face the front. Only then allowing his smile to fully take over his face and crinkle genuinely up to his eyes. Bucky knew that he had to refrain from sprinting across the space between them to make it to Steve sooner. Even if there wasn't a no running sign hanging on the chain link fence.

Finally approaching Steve's forest green Silverado, Bucky's heart fluttered in his chest at the wide grin on Steve's face directed at him. A wide grin for him. Only him.

With his chin, Steve gestured towards Becca and Mandy as he asked, "Everything alright?"

"Yeah," Bucky reassured, walking around to the passenger side. Climbing into the passenger seat, Bucky affectionately stated, "They can take care of themselves."

"Yes, they can," Sam agreed, climbing into the backseat of the truck beside Tibby. She was tiredly smiling at him and Sam teased, "The Barnes women are powerful, aren't they?!"

Tibby nodded and lifted her arms, bending them at the elbow so she could flex her nonexistent muscles. Proud of herself, and with renewed energy, Tibby exclaimed, "I'm strong."

"Yeah, you are," Sam conceded with a fond chuckle while encouraging the six year old by gently squeezing her bicep. Playfully, Sam questioned, "Girl, how are you so strong?!"

"I eat my veggies," Tibby announced, earning chuckles from all of the boys.

Bucky turned around in his seat and feigned outrage, "No, you don't!"

"Yes, I do! You don't know!" Tibby aggressively defended herself.

Chuckling, Bucky held his hands up in mock surrender as he turned around to face the front. Steve's brows were arched as he teased, "She told you."

"Right?" Bucky good-humoredly scoffed, raking his hand through his brown locks. He needed a haircut, but wasn't likely to get one any time soon. Especially when he glanced over at Steve and found Steve watching him before immediately averting his gaze. Causing Bucky's brows to furrow and his mouth to quirk in amusement.

As Steve started reversing out of the parking spot, Sam leaned forward and softly asked, "Mind if we put on some tunes?"

"No, not at all," Steve gestured towards the radio and encouraged, "Go right ahead."

"Cool," Sam smiled and took out his phone. Hooking up to the bluetooth almost instantly with Steve's blessing. As he scrolled through his songs, Sam asked the two up front, "Got a preference?"

Steve pulled out of the parking lot and glanced back at Sam with a mischievous smirk, "I'm always a slut for the 70s."

"Yeah?" Sam scoffed, clicking one of his playlists. As the opening to Tiny Dancer started flooding through the speaker, Sam reassured, "I got you, pal."

All the while, Bucky couldn't help but wonder, what else are you a slut for?