Twenty-Four

Slipping off their shoes, Bucky is already embarrassed by all the commotion. The barking from Thor and Loki. George singing along to one of the songs from A Goofy Movie. Winifred whistling a tune that she probably thought was the same song playing, but wasn't, not even a little bit. The volume of his sisters' voices and the conversation of, "I'd totally date Max Goof. In a heartbeat."

"Honestly, same," Steve softly conceded to Bucky.

Playfully, Bucky rolled his eyes and led the way down the hallway to the living room. Glancing over his shoulder to make sure that Steve was following, even though Bucky should have known better. Of course, Steve would be following him. Where else would Steve go?

"Hey, bub, look what Tibby found," George greeted Bucky with a gleeful grin. Sitting there like a child as he watched A Goofy Movie with a bowl of peanut butter ice cream.

"Yeah?" Bucky questioned, glancing around the entry way to find Tibby proudly sitting there next to Loki. Taking a step into the living room, he gestured back to Steve and said, "Look what I found."

Thoroughly using this time to shine, Steve theatrically entered the room with a large, toothy smile on his face. Bucky fondly shook his head at Steve's dramatics and watched as his family looked over the boy beside him. Mandy and Becca were obviously checking Steve out, and Bucky couldn't blame him because he found himself trying to refrain from doing the same thing.

"Steven?" George questioned, his jaw dropping in shock.

"Mr. Barnes," Steve greeted George with a warm smile and a small wave.

"You're all grown up now," George stated the obvious.

"You both need to just stop," Winifred sweetly demanded. Winking at the two older teens before pointing at the girls and saying, "You all need to stop growing too!"

"Yeah, that's what my mom says too," Steve confessed, walking further into the room and kneeling so he could give Thor's exposed belly a good scratch.

"How is Sarah?" Winifred asked, discreetly lowering the TV volume.

"Good," Steve answered, enjoying the kisses that Thor gave him. He elaborated, "Busy."

"I bet," George chuckled, "Especially with a toddler running around."

"Oh yeah," Steve confirmed, petting Loki when the darker colored dog grew jealous and approached Steve by headbutting him. Not that Steve minded. When they were six and seven, Steve told Bucky that god gave them two hands so that they could pet two dogs at once. Bucky was positive that Steve had kept that sentiment after all these years.

"What's a todd... a todder," Tibby questioned with furrowed brows.

"A toddler," Mandy corrected.

"It's a baby," Becca added.

"Oh," Tibby nodded. Then, because a baby was mentioned, Tibby moved from the sofa and told Steve, "I love babies. Do you have pictures?"

"Yeah?" Steve questioned, fondly glancing at the curious six year old and then glanced up at Bucky.

Bucky shrugged in a it-is-what-it-is kind of way. Which only caused Steve's grin to grow as he pulled shifted in his spot on the hardwood floor and pulled out his cellphone. However, because he was no longer petting the dogs, both dogs moved to headbutt him as he searched through his phone.

"Here's one when he was first born," Steve stated, tilting the phone so Tibby could see. But because Steve was showing baby pictures of his adorable nephew, the rest of the family encroached on them. All trying to see the picture.

Which Bucky could confirm, the picture was absolutely just as adorable as he had assumed it would be. A red, newborn Conner who had on a pair of ducky no-scratch mittens with a matching hat and receiving blanket. There was little to no resemblance to the Conner that Bucky had met. But Bucky could spot some Steve, especially compared to the plethora of pictures scattered around the Rogers' home.

"Oh my god, he's so cute," Becca gushed while Mandy enthused, "I can't wait to have a baby."

"Yes, you can," George, Winifred, and Bucky all reprimanded the teen.

Smirking, Steve let out a soft chuckle and noted that he was surround by Barnes. Trying to allow everyone to easily view the pictures, Steve shifted in his seat again. Looking up to evaluate if it was better -- and deciding that it was -- Steve flipped to another picture.

Happily, Steve showed the picture of a baby Conner. Not a newborn, but not much older as he laid on his back on the floor looking up at everything the playmat had to offer. As if on cue, each member of the Barnes' cooed. Causing Steve's smile to grow and immediately move on to show another picture.

"What's his name?" Tibby asked, practically climbing on Steve in her excitement.

"Conner," Steve answered, allowing Tibby to crawl on his lap while promptly petting a jealous Loki.

"I bet he's just the cutest," Winifred commented, looking at the next picture from over Steve's broad shoulder.

"Duh," Mandy snickered, ducking her face into Becca when Steve looked at her.

"You know what, we should all go out on the boat sometime," George suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds fun," Steve agreed, slightly turning to look back at George. Before he faced the front again, his eyes locked with Bucky's and Steve's brows arched, as though he wanted Bucky's thoughts on the subject.

"Yeah," Bucky confirmed, "It's been a while."

"Yes, it has been," Winifred agreed, reaching out to comfortingly rub Bucky's back.

Steve affectionately smiled at the interaction, causing Bucky's cheeks to heat under his gaze. Of course, Tibby poked at Steve's cheek to regain the boy's attention and Steve redirected his gaze to his phone. Flipping to another photo to appease the pushy child and earning the same reaction that previous pictures had.