Chapter 1

Xx years ago

"Hello Saeyoung and Saeran."

"I thought you said it was only going to be you and Rika coming...."

"Oh, I did say that. There's no need to worry this is my sister Y/n."

I flashed a smile towards the two boys before me. They appeared to be twins everything about them was identical expect for the clothes they wore; one of the boys had circular glasses upon their face. The first boy I assume is Saeyoung, wore darker clothes and had the circular glasses resting upon his nose. For some strange reason I got a tense vibe when I looked into his eyes so I decided to look away towards the boy that stood clinging to his arm timidly. Saeran? Was it? His eyes laid low to the floor avoiding my eye contact. He looked a little smaller and thinner then his brother.

His light raggedy clothes flooded his body, looking rather dirty. Saeran cautiously looks up from the ground to meet eyes with mine, but his dull yellow orbs soon faded away back to the ground. "There's no need to be tense! Y/n is a really kind person. I wish she was my sister" Rika giggled patting my head gently. I melt into her touch and smile "ok...." Saeyoung said still wary of my presence.

"We still have some things to discuss about your decision Saeyoung. Have you thought about what you would like to do?" V continued. Saeyoung drifted his attention towards me for a moment before looking at V "not yet. I need more time" "that's alright Saeyoung. I understand that this is a difficult decision" Rika replied softly. "What is she talking about?" Saeran whispered so quietly that I almost missed it. "Don't worry.... I'd like to talk about it with you and Rika a little more before I make a decision" "very well. Y/n can you stay with Saeran for a moment? Try to stay out of trouble if possible" Saeyoung snapped V a cold expression.

It seemed as if he didn't want to leave his brother. "Don't worry. I'll protect him if something happens" I nodded taking a stance of a super hero. This made Saeyoung slightly relax "Saeran are you okay with this?" Saeyoung questioned looking for confirmation from his brother. "Ya, I'll be okay..." "we'll only be a moment" V explained, then the three walked off. I turned to Saeran "wanna sit on the bench?" I asked unsure what to do.

Normally, I would feel energetic and would love to chat up a storm, play games, stuff like that. This time I felt like I was hit with a wall of delicacy. Anything I say, do, or want could destroy the child in front of me. This left my hands feeling sweaty and shaky. Strange to think that I was the same age as these twins.

My brother has told me a little bit about the situation of the boys. That they are in a position of trouble, so V and Rika are trying to help them. I wonder what trouble these tragic twins got themselves wedged into.

Finally, Saeran nodded his head and we both take a seat on the bench. I look up to the bright blue sky, clear of clouds and occasional birds fluttering by while spreading their beautiful song. I close my eyes for a moment and smile letting the sun's rays warm my skin. "Ah... flowers" "hm?" I snap my head towards Saeran his face seemed to be fascinated by something in the distance. I follow his train of sight towards a small garden. Flowers? He said flowers right?

"Do you like flowers?" I questioned kicking at the dirt with the heel of my shoe. "Oh... ya" I stand from the bench and reach out my hand towards Saeran. "Want to go to the flowers?" I smiled "shouldn't we stay here?" Saeran questioned with doubt present in his voice. I turn my head toward the garden and the bench "we're not going to far. I'll keep an eye out for V, Rika and your brother." Saeran looks away for a moment but then hops off the bench.

I take ahold of his hand and pull him along to the outskirts of garden so I could keep an eye out for V, but also still enjoy the flowers. "The flowers are so beautiful" I stated crouched over, my hands placed on my knees. Saeran crouches down to observe the flowers closely. I scan my eyes across the patch of flowers "ah!" I wonder over towards a particular flower that catches my eye.

It was one of my favourite flowers but for some reason I didn't know the name. It's beautiful white petal curved around like a cup, the stigma of the flower poking its head out from within the middle. The white of the petal, yellow of the stigma, and the light green of the stem all correspond beautifully. Suddenly a presence lingered to my side and Saeran crouched down beside me with curiosity. "Do you like this flower?" Saeran asked in a calmer tone, I guess talking about a subject he likes is putting him at ease.

"Ya, it's my favourite. It smells so sweet and the colour is so pretty. Although, I don't know it's name..." I explained, Saeran glances to me then back at the flower. "It's called a Calla Lily" I tilt my head to look at Saeran "it comes in many different colours. White means purity or innocence" "woah, you know that much? That's cool" I stated in a surprised tone. "Sometimes I read about flowers in books when I'm tired or stressed" I glance back to the many flowers in the garden.

As we were crouched down gazing over the garden. A loud group of three to four boys step off the path and into the garden tramping on to some of the flowers. Saeran stands up "hey! You're stepping on the flowers!" He suddenly shouted. I stood up looking back and forth between Saeran and the group of obnoxious boys.
"Ohhh, is the little boy upset that I'm stepping all over his flowers?" The boys laugh amongst themselves approaching us. "You're such a-" in one swift motion I step forward and swing my hand hard at the boy's face.

"You have some nerve coming over here and destroying property of someone else. It would be a shame if I had to contact the officer over there" I hissed walking forward. The boys glance over to the other street and swallowed hard automatically get intimated, while pushing amongst themselves "yo, I don't want to f*ck with a girl" "then scram" I smiled cheerfully. It took no longer then a second for the boys to scurry away from whatever hole they crawled out of.

Using my fingers I comb my hair back while blowing out of my mouth with frustration. I turn to Saeran his expression somewhat astronished by my actions. "Are you okay?" I question, Saeran closes his mouth that hung ajar for a moment and nodded his head quickly. "Y/n! Saeran!" Saeran and I turn on our heels to see Rika running up to us. Saeyoung and V following closely after; Rika reaches out and hugs us both "we thought you disappeared!" Rika shouted in a worried tone.

"We weren't far from the bench" I explained as Rika pulled away from us. Saeyoung instantly embraced his brother "Saeran could have gotten hurt because of you. Why didn't you listen to V and just sit still?" I glance towards the ground frowning. I was being kinda careless wasn't I? I was so focused on making friends with Saeran we could have been in trouble with those boys if they didn't run off. "No, I wanted to go see the garden.
Y/n protected me" I look up with surprise and finally I see a smile spread upon Saeran's face.

"Thank you."