Chapter 2

Xx years ago

A week after meeting-

"I think Saeyoung hates me."

"Why do you think that? I'm sure that's not true."

"After I took Saeran to the garden and Saeyoung found out about what happened, he wouldn't stop glaring at me" I stated in a disappointed tone. V lifts my chin giving me a soft smile "I'm sure he doesn't hate you. He's just really protective of his brother. Worried. Like how we care for each other" I let V's words sink into my mind for a moment. "Ah! I guess that's true. I understand now" I said my mood lifting, V laughs in response and pulls away to watch the crowd of people exit the church.

We had just finished going to church and were waiting for Saeyoung and Saeran to join us. I guess V had to talk to Saeyoung about something once again. "How come Rika isn't with us this time?" I question swinging my arms back and forth through the gentle breeze that tickled at my skin. "She has a couple things to do today" "they must be urgent. Rika never misses out on church. Isn't it bad?" V lifted his hand and scratched the back of his neck. He seemed to be pressured by my questions "oh! Saeyoung, Saeran."

"Hello" "hi V and Y/n." Just as V trailed off Saeyoung and his twin brother approach us. Saeyoung seemed wary as usual and Saeran appeared to be smiling. "I think we can talk over there Saeyoung. Y/n promise you'll stay put this time?" V questioned more for Saeyoung's sake. "For sure!" Saeyoung sighed and the two of them walked away. I turned to Saeran "how are you Saeran?" I asked with a smile happy to finally see him again. Sometimes it gets really lonely at home and now that V was moved out I had no one but my father.

We weren't exactly on good terms.

"I'm happy I get to see you again" Saeran suddenly said pulling me from my thoughts. "I was thinking the same" looking back and forth around the church I shrug my shoulders deciding to sit in the grass, Saeran joins me. "We get to go out for ice cream today after your brother and my brother finish talking" I explained "do you like ice cream?" Saeran nods his head "I love ice cream" "me too!" I lay back on the grass and look up to the sky, fluffy clouds floating along with the wind.

"Y/n?" Saeran questioned as he laid down next to me. I turned my head towards him to look into his bright yellow eyes "ya?" "are we friends?" I smile and nodded my head. "As a friend.... I wanted to ask. What is Saeyoung and V talking about?" I raised my eyebrows slightly shocked. "I thought you knew" Saeran shook his head cluelessly "Saeyoung told me he's trying to find us a way to leave together and that I should focus on getting better, not to worry too much."

I sit up and look at Saeran, his messy hair was sprawled out on the grass. He watched me for a moment then looked back to the sky a sad expression on his face. "He's been acting strange..." "pardon?" I questioned not hearing what he muttered under his breath "he-" "Saeran, Y/n." Before Saeran could finish what he was about to repeat, he was cut off by the sound of V's voice.

"We're finished for today. Shall we go and get ice cream?" Saeran jumps to his feet and nods. I was more focused on Saeyoung. His yellow eyes appeared to be hidden behind his hair as if he was disappointed or rather sad about something. "Y/n. Y/n?" I shook my head snapping myself out of my thoughts "sorry, let's go" I stated with a smile.

-

"Mint flavoured? I like that flavour but this time I'm going to go with moose tracks!" I blurted excitedly as the frozen treat was handed to me. I said my thank you and followed after Saeran and Saeyoung, leaving V behind to pay. We chose a table and sat down the twins of course sitting beside each other. I always found it funny how similar they are. They really could play a prank on me by switching identities and I wouldn't know.