Chapter 16

Luciel drove at the speed of light until we reached an area that was secluded from the rest of the apartments. He parked his car and glanced over at me "you should stay here" I nod my head but just as Luciel went to step out of the car he stopped in his tracks.

"If I call your name drive away with the car" "you can't be serious" I hiss in response "I want you safe" "and I'm not leaving you" Luciel sighs. "Never mind lets go" "huh?" "If you don't want to leave stay by my side so I can protect you."

I exit the car as soon as Luciel closed the door. "What is happening?" I question as I follow Luciel "someone broke into Rika's apartment" "Rika's apartment? I thought no one knew of that place but Rika and I?" Luciel snapped his neck towards me. "Rika told you the apartment address?" "

"Well of course! We worked together on projects, well she mostly just got me to search things for her. She seemed pretty paranoid one day when I stood from the chair and started to wander around. So she didn't allow me to work with her at the apartment anymore. I think there must have been some information that was extremely confidential." "Try not to talk about that so much... someone might be listening" Luciel then added after I spoke. I nod my head remember that an invader was somewhere around here.

When we approached the apartment the place almost seemed eerie. Luciel reaches out towards the padlock and enters the digits. He turns to me before he opens the door "don't let go" he muttered taking ahold of my hand. I squeeze his hand reassuring I wasn't going anywhere without him.

Luciel gave me a gentle smile before opening the door. I was excited but also afraid when Luciel gently pushed the door open. Slowly we made our way through the doorway, the first thing we both notice was glass shards scattered along the floor. The window of Rika's apartment was broken.

Luciel carefully looked around the apartment before we made our way completely in. Suddenly the door behind me is slams shut. Luciel pulls me close to him turning towards the door. "Haha, I was hoping you'd be stupid and leave the girl in the car, guess you've got brains after all." I look towards the door a man around Luciel's height leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

The man wore a black leather jacket that slightly fell off his shoulder to reveal a large tattoo of an eye. Luciel pushes me behind him holding my hand tighter then before. "Listen, I don't know who you are but I don't recommend you stay here, this-" the man throws his head back laughing like a maniac. "I'm aware of the consequences. The apartment will blow up? That's why I hacked into your stupid program."

Luciel's eyes widen with shock at his words. "You have such a weak system. Funny, considering you think you're so great, Saeyoung. Or should I say Luciel? You even ditched your name how pathetic." Who is this guy and how does he know Luciel's name? I haven't heard it in years it's like it disappeared from the face of the planet. How does he know!?

"You... how do you know my name..?" The unknown man chuckles to himself lifting his finger to pull down his black face mask showing his face. For some strange reason he seemed familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. Luciel's hands trembled a panicked expression plastered upon his face.

"It's been a long time hasn't it, brother. We could have been together but you left me with that woman. You traitor" "S-Saeran?" I stuttered quietly in disbelief, for a moment I wanted to run out and hug him, but my body froze looking at his sneering expression. "Oh Y/n~ why don't you give your old friend a hug. Oh how I missed you so much hehe~" Luciel protectively holds me closer.

Suddenly Saeran held a sour expression. "How could you cling to her like that after what you've done? You left me with that crazy woman!" Saeran steps forward with agression and we set back distancing ourselves. It was clear the Saeran that we once knew was no longer and Luciel seemed to be at a loss of words.