Chapter 18

2:15am

I suddenly stir awake from my sleep. Glancing around the room I remember that I was still in Yoosung's apartment. "I must have gotten tired, geez... what time is it?" Turning my head side to side in the dark I make out a faint rectangular shape laying next to my fingers. Carefully I touched the object recognizing it for my phone.

I press the home button the screen lighting up the room causing my eyes to burn. Turning away for a moment I blink my eyes a couple times adjusting to the light then glance at the time. It was 2:15am. I've been sleeping for four hours... I hope Yoosung didn't wake while I was asleep.

Standing from the couch I stretch my legs before making my way to Yoosung's room to check on him. Sure enough he was sleeping and he didn't seem to have moved a bit. I smile for a moment at his peaceful sleeping face, but soon found myself frowning suddenly being reminded of Rika.

Just as I was about to turn my thoughts away from the subject a glimmering bead of water slipped off my cheeks and shattered on the floor. I lift my hand to my nose and turn on my heel making my way back to couch. As I head back towards the couch suddenly my phone lit up with a notification.

707: Y/n, I'm at the door. I figured I shouldn't knock because you're taking care of Yoosung....

I pick up my phone and enter the private messages.

Y/n: One moment. I'll be right out

As I send the message to Luciel I quickly switch over to Yoosung's contact. I figure he would be slightly upset that I didn't say good bye to him. So I'll send him a message for him to wake up too.

Y/n: Good Morning Yoosung~! As you know Luciel picked me up early in the morning so I'm not here with you right now to keep you company.

Y/n: I made some snacks and other foods while you were asleep to relieve your stress. Take it easy and make sure to call me or any of the RFA members when you feel down

Y/n: Take care of yourself <3

The messages delivers and I turn towards the door unlocking it and opening it quietly avoiding to make any loud noises that could possibly wake Yoosung. As I step outside Luciel was leaning against the wall of the building with his hands buried deep within his pocket.

"Hey" Luciel started pushing himself off the wall. I remain silent and embraced him burring my face in his chest. "Huh? Is everything okay Y/n?" I nodded my head slightly in response "ya... I just really need this right now." Luciel embraces me back his hand laid behind my head and slowly made his way to my shoulder blades and stopped. His gentle touch sent butterfly's off to flutter in my stomach and my heart began to pound deeply with my chest. I let out one last huff and we both pull away heading towards the car, but a part of me wanted to be in his arms longer.

This... can I really call it love?

Even if I did love Luciel it would never progress more then friends. Luciel is trapped in a world that he doesn't want me apart of. As I thought about what I said I began to frown more. I open the car door and drop into the seat running my fingers through my hair as Luciel got into the car putting the keys into the ignition.

Before we knew it we were on our way home and rather quickly.

-

"Y/n... are you not going to go to sleep?" Luciel questioned as he sat beside me on the couch. "I don't know if I can.... I'm feeling out of it right now" I explain a frown plastered upon my face as I now lay down on the couch with my head close to Luciel. "Yoosung told me that everyone is preparing for Rika's funeral. He told me that he can't believe it, that he needs to see the evidence.... a part of me wishes that this is all a big joke and Rika is really alive."