Chapter 4

Xx Years ago
1 Year later,
Earlier that morning-

"I thought I warned you of your actions! You do realize that your carelessness makes an affect on my business reputation? I don't understand you.... you have fantastic grades, a role model student, have a business talent, several friends."

"They're not my friends. They're just using me to increase their reputation."

"Don't talk back to me young lady. Are you trying to make your current situation more complicated? You've already destroyed the relationship of our business with another because you couldn't maintain a romantic relationship."

"Does it not matter to you that he had betrayed me!? He went around and flirted with other girls while we were in a relationship! On top of that I never wanted any part of it! I was only following your orders so you wouldn't treat me like dirt, but now I see that didn't even matter."

I was furious. I never knew my father could be so blinded by how I felt. Being aware that going into a relationship when it's for business reasons, not true lovers, was ridiculous to me, but I did as I was told hoping I would please my father. I made no complains until I found out that my "supposable" boyfriend was playing a round with other girls.

"I only gave him what he deserved. I told everyone the truth. Do you really want to work with a business that has a son like that?" I question balling my fingers tightly into my hands. "Perhaps I should enroll you in behavioural classes once again. I never had this problem with your brother.... ever since he left you've had a change of attitude. I'll set up a meeting with your teacher right away." As my father mumbles more to himself then me he turns on his heels.

Suddenly a burst of emotions exploded from within me. It felt like a glass bottle shattering when it would hit the floor. "I'm not enrolling in those classes. I'm already aware of what it teaches." My father stops in his tracks and turns his head so he's looking at me out of the corner of his eye. "If you're aware of proper behaviours then why do you continue to act out as of now?"

I let out a deep sigh "I should be able to feel how I want to feel and express them. What I did wasn't wrong. I was truthful about the situation, what the other children's actions have done, has nothing to do with me" I stated firmly. My father turns his head away "I hate how I see similarities between you and your mother.... Call your brother or someone that can help you and pack your things. It seems your just like your brother now."

-

"Y/n? So this is where you had gone? I didn't take long talking with the priest did I?"

"No..." 

Ever since V had stopped seeing me I was banned from attending the same church as him, so normally going to this church and seeing Luciel would make me very happy, but today was not the case because of my misfortunes. Regarding the events of earlier I wanted nothing to do with the world around me. When I feel like this I always found myself drawn to the gardens, especially this one. The church's garden was taken care of by V so I instantly found comfort being near it.

The warm summer breeze gently brushed against my cheeks as I watched the flowers sway within its grasp. Suddenly I felt Luciel drop beside me following my train of sight. "You've been quiet. Is something wrong?" Luciel's gentle voice soothes me causing my heart to cry. I sniffle as tears run down my cheeks "no, everything is okay" I said trying to keep a steady tone "I know you tell me not to speak of Saeran, but I miss him as of this moment.... I don't know why I'm so sad. I never appreciated my father ever since he forced his beliefs on me about my mother, but I guess I couldn't help but wish for his approval in something I've done."

I raise my hand to my face wiping my eyes continuously. This was the first time I've cried in front of Luciel so I somewhat felt like a fool when he watched me with sympathetic eyes. "Did your father find out what happened about your relationship since the last time we talked?" I chuckled, a sad smile spreading upon my face "there really is no way I can hide my feelings from you. You're so smart..." I turn my head away from Luciel's gaze and watched the daffodils glimmer beautifully in the sun's light. It's yellow petals reflected a beautiful ray that left me at ease for a moment, but the feelings found their way back.

"My father was severally angry about my actions even though the actions of others had nothing to do with me. He stated he was going to enroll me in behavioural classes again but I refused telling him my thoughts and feelings about the situation" I explained running my fingers through the freshly cut grass. The smell was distinct leaving me questioning whether I liked the smell or not. "Shouldn't you be allowed to feel that way? Your boyfriend didn't exactly commit to a great action either and as you said the other children's action isn't something you can control."

I smile slightly "I'm happy that you understand me, Luciel. Although it doesn't really matter.... my father kicked me out of his house, no longer paying for my schooling. Luckily I finished enough credits in order for me to major in a business college or university.... I'm just glad that V answered my calls. I was so worried that I would have no where to go. Thanks for helping me get in contact with him and coming here when it causes you so much trouble..." I sigh fiddling with the grass at my finger tips. "Living with V... It was something I planned from the start when I was old enough.... well except for being kicked out."

Once again I let out a sigh "I have so many things I'm thankful for...." reaching up I wipe the tears from my cheeks. "I'm sorry you had to see me so distraught. Even I'm surprised that I could get this way..." suddenly I felt warm arms wrap around me. It took me a moment to realize that Luciel was holding me in a tight embrace. Once again tears began to flow and I held on to Luciel thanking him in whispers.

"Y/n!" Pulling me from my emotions a female and a male voice shout out my name. "That's V and Rika" Luciel then said. We pull away and Luciel helps me to my feet as I quickly brush away my tears. When I glanced up I was greeted with V and Rika's presence as they walked towards us. Rika jogged towards me instantly embracing me once she noticed my expression. "Y/n honey don't cry" Rika said in a calm voice stroking my hair gently.

"Luciel, thank you for coming  even though it's dangerous" V said in a low tone that I didn't quite catch. When Rika pulled away from me she gave me a gentle smile then turned to look at V. I slowly pulled myself away and directed myself towards V embracing him. "I'm sorry that you had to experience these things. The sun will find you soon. I promise" "you'll be there to help me right? You won't leave this time?" I asked laying my head into V for comfort. "Of course, I'm sorry that I left you hanging for so long. I'll always be there for you to rely on, whenever you need me. So promise me that you will do just that" I nodded my head in response and V hugged me tighter for a moment.

"There's no need for you to see father if you don't want to. I already picked up most of the thing that you had packed and a few others. If there is something else you find missing please tell me, but for now I have to speak with Luciel so please head home with Rika and wait for my return. The both of you" I pulled away from V and nodded my head, I glanced towards Luciel "take care of yourself Y/n" I smiled and nodded.

"Message me when you have time."

-

"You and Saeyoung have been getting along for the past year. I'm so glad." What about Saeran? It's like everyone wants me to forget about him. "Oh! I almost forgot to tell you, but V has decided to make the guest room into your bedroom. I helped him move everything in there earlier to make your life easier since you're already having a hard time" Rika explained as she opened the door to V's home. "Thank you Rika..." Rika turned her head at me her grassy green eyes smiling at me softly "hm? You don't need to thank me" she laughed as we entered V's house.

"I can't help but feel slightly guilty that you and V are doing so much for me. I originally planned to move in with V when I was older, but when I was old enough to get a job so I could also support V's payments, but now I can't do that." Rika smiles "you're so kind Y/n.... you can always find a different way to help V even if it's not with money. How about you help me with a project I've been trying to organize recently?" I tilt my head to the side with curiosity. "What is it?"

"It's called the RFA."