Chapter 21

*

Xx years ago.

It was a clear summer day. The sun shone down upon me it's rays trickling heat on my skin, wind gently whipping through my hair. I inhaled deeply feeling the fresh air and the smell of flowers tickle at my nose.
I opening my eyes to see a patch of grass around me and my church steps away from me. The garden around the church swayed with beauty, a rainbow on the ground rather in the sky.

I remember this time.

I was sitting on a bench underneath a tree and it was after school. I was waiting for someone... I didn't want to go home, but I knew in the end no matter what I would have to see my father at the end of the day. That's why I come to the cathedral to pray. My father didn't particularly like that I wasn't faithful towards the Christian religion he was apart of, but he also knew that he couldn't keep me from my brother. I'm grateful he lets me go this church even though he still makes me practice Christianity.

"Y/n?"

I look up from my feet and see Luciel in front of me. My face brightens and I smile "hi Luciel." I won't lie every now and then I hang out with Luciel against my father's rules. "So, how are you?" I question but as usual Luciel shrugs his shoulders and takes a seat next to me. He turns towards me with a slightly hesitant look "I brought something for you. I thought we'd try it." Luciel pushes up his circle glasses his cheeks tinted red.

I tilt my head to the side with curiosity than Luciel slips his hands out of his pockets holding a red rectangle object in both of his hands. There wasn't much characteristic beside it have two squares side be sides on the front of object, I assume it's the logo. "What is it?" Luciel looked at me with confusion "you don't know what this is?" I shake my head in response looking at Luciel completely lost.

"It's a gaming console, called a DS." I perk up at the sound of 'gaming' "a gaming console? That small? That isn't a phone?" I throw several questions at Luciel. It seemed he expect me to so he handed me one of the DS's from his hand "for someone who lives in a rich family you'd think you'd have something like this."

I inspect the gaming device in my hands "well you know my father said there's no use for silly things and that I should focus on my school work." I laugh "I obviously disagree with him! I play games on my phone all the time when he tells me it's for work purposes. Anyways, how does it work?"

Luciel leans over towards me pushing up on a button that lays on the side of the console. "Like that, I hope you're okay with playing a battle game... I didn't have time to go and buy other ones." I open the DS then look towards Luciel "Luciel?" He glances towards me after he turns on his own DS "what is it?" "Why do you have two if you already have one?" I question.

Luciel turns his head away "that's because I bought that one for you" My eyes widen with surprise. "Oh... are you sure?" "Keep it... a sign for our friendship as you would say..." I grin and pull Luciel into a hug "thanks Luciel!" "You're- welcome! You're squishing me! Let's just play!" "Ok!"

*

I found myself smiling as I stared at the console in my hands. Gently I set the game aside and continue to look into my bag. Reaching in I slip out my laptop something I would use all the time when I moved in with V. After I moved out of my father's house V was kind enough to pay for the rest of my schooling and allowed me to pursue something I was interested in. Although the twist was I did it all online since I hated the thought that I'd have to go back to that "hell hold."

Thankfully I'm finished now.

I shake my head free from the thoughts of my old school life and go back to digging for memories in my bag. As I look inside I notice a thick book, an album. I push my bag away from me and let out a shaky sigh. I don't think I can bare seeing a picture of her yet....

Slipping my two things into the bag I push it underneath the bed where I found it and dove under the sheets of the bed my eyes yearning for me to go to sleep. But now that I was thinking about the past I couldn't get my mind to stop thinking. I pull the comforter over my head shielding me from any chills then slip my phone from my sweatpants pocket.

I turn it on and tap onto the calling menu searching for the person I needed. Once I tap the screen I hold my phone closely to my ear listening to the ring on the other end. Suddenly I heard the sound of wind blowing through the phone followed by a voice.

"Sorry one second...."

*rustling*

*clunk!*

"Shit..."

*rustle*

"Ok, sorry about that. Who is this? I kinda pressed the answer button like it was second nature."

"It's Y/n."

"Huh? Y/n? I thought you were heading to bed about an hour ago? Has something happened? Did you get weird messages? Is Luciel acting weird towards you?! I told you he would! Should I come get you!? I'll call the police!"

"Zen relax! Haha!"

"Don't laugh! Are you okay?!?"

"I'm fine. I can't sleep, that's all."

"Have you tried meditating?"

"..."

"I'm just kidding. You want me to sing for you? I can practice for my musical scrip while I'm at it!... Although, you should practice mediation and taking care of your body more."

"Ok ok, I'll try to work harder with Luciel's maid."

"I'll never understand you two... how can a maid make you stronger? She just cleans. Ugh whatever! What should I sing?"

*Rustling papers*

"Hm... I'll sing this;

Every night, I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head.
A million dreams are keeping me awake.
I think of what the world could be.
A vision of the one I see.
A million dreams is all it's gonna take.
Oh, a million dreams for the world we're gonna make."

As Zen continues to sing softly I pull the comforter closer towards me. It's as if Zen's voice was hypnotizing me because I could feel my eyes dreading as I try to stay awake. Slowly I let my eyelids fall and allow myself be submissive towards the slumber that drew near.

"... Y/n?"

"..."

"Ha.. I guess I am as magical as you say, huh?"

"..."

"I know you're sleeping, but I just wanted to say... I had a dream last night. I saw you, but you disappeared."

"..."

"But it's okay since you're here. That's why I was worried earlier when you left. I thought my dream came true for a moment."

"..."

"I should let you sleep. Sweet dreams,
Y/n."