Chapter 11

1 Week Later~

707's POV

"You're distracted again. You're going to get us both in shit if you don't finish your work."

Vanderwood smacks the back of my head causing me to snap back in reality. I sigh and press my finger tips to my forehead. "Are you still thinking about that girl that's sulking in your bed? For almost a week and a half?" I drop my hands onto my desk. "She's having a hard time since her brother.... left I guess you can say" I explain as the worries weigh down on my shoulders.

I couldn't stop worrying about Y/n and wondering why V left Y/n under my care. It was strange. Did they really go on a trip as they said? Or did V want Y/n to be away from Rika and himself as they fought. There's no doubt that they have been fighting. Y/n's words prove it all. "Y/n has been depressed I can't help but feel distracted. I want to help her..." Vanderwood snickers and crosses his arms "you have better things to do then to be worry about her. Your life is on the line, hers will be too if you don't get to work. You're already being too cocky by letting her stay here and giving out her name to me."

Suddenly I sit up straight in my chair disturbed by what Vanderwood said. He wasn't wrong I really need to smarten up if I want to keep Y/n safe. "For god sake. You just sit there and look at me like I have three heads. Has your brain really been fried? Fine. Let me handle this." Before I could say anything Vanderwood dashes off.

Y/n's POV

I let out an heavy exhale. So many things were running through my head, that mostly being about V and Rika. Suddenly I heard foot steps enter the room. Luciel? He was just here ten minutes ago. Before I could call out his name the comforter I was laying under was suddenly torn off of me and I'm met with a man with brown shoulder length hair. He wore a black suit splashes of purple and leopard mixed in with his outfit.

Right. This was Luciel's maid he was talking about a couple days ago. Although this is only the second time I've gotten to seen him. "Mary Vanderwood?" I question, his face crunches up to the sound of his name. "Did he tell you to call me that too? Whatever, that doesn't matter. Get up." I look at him in questioning "are you deaf?" I shake my head and stand from the bed quickly to not irritate him any longer.

Mary Vanderwood glances at me with harsh eyes while crossing his arms. "How long do you plan to sulk in this room because of some shitty situation?" I look at him with shocked eyes "I-" I look away and frown unsure what to say. "It's non of my business but when it affects my work it is my problem. Do you plan to be sad about this for the rest of you life and leave 707 to work for you? I'm tired of watching him be miserable for you and you be miserable for someone else."

"I'm making him miserable?" Mary Vanderwood sighs and rolls his eyes. "You're as clues as ever kid. You want to help him right?" I nod my head with a frown present on my face. "Then hurry up and get better. Stop feeling sorry for yourself; the only way you're going to get through life is if you don't give up on yourself." It felt strange hearing this from a stranger but I didn't disagree with him. I was wasting my time by laying here being depressed.

Luciel has welcomed me to stay here even though he's very busy, I should try to help him the best I can. Like finishing my school and get a job so I can get out of his hair. "If you computed what I said" Mary Vanderwood breaks me from my thoughts by handing me a mop. "Help me clean up this pigsty. How can anyone live like this?!" "Y/n! Don't listen to her!" Luciel slides in front of the door way. Mary Vanderwood's expression turns sour "would you quit that!" He hissed swatting at Luciel  "just call me Vanderwood."

"Oh? Y/n you're up!" Luciel pushes up his glasses, a happy smile present on his lips. "Don't you have work to be doing?" I ask instantly, his mouth hung open "what did you do to her?!" He pointed dramatically to Vanderwood "I did nothing now get your ass back to work before I smack you with this broom!" As Vanderwood chases a screaming Luciel away I giggle to myself.