Chapter 35

One Month Later-

*Ring Ring*

*Call Accepted*

"Hello?"

"That's- that's fantastic! We'll come right away! Yes, thank you. Bye."

Pushing myself off the rolling chair where my desk lays I dart towards Saeyoung's room. Tripping over my feet I push open the door as I fall to the floor. "Owow....ah, Saeyoung!" Sitting in an office chair near his computer Saeyoung turns towards my sudden burst out. "Y/n? What is it?" Saeyoung questions with confusion. I huff no words coming out as I lay on the floor "Saeran-" Saeyoung jumps from his seat coming over to aid me as I suck back the wind.

"Are you okay? You shouldn't run like that the floors are slippery" Saeyoung pulls me off the floor lecturing me as I finally catch my breath. "Saeran is being discharged from the hospital!!!!" I shout out in excitement jumping up and down. Saeyoung stands frozen in place stunned "Saeyoung, honey?" Suddenly he lifts me in his arms twirling me while smiling ear to ear. I giggle as he puts me down on my feet "c'mon c'mon" I jump as I grab ahold of his sleeve pulling him forward, but he was one step ahead of me already running for the door holding my hand.

From where we live it would normally take an hour and a half to get to the hospital Saeran was staying at, but Saeyoung made it thirty five minutes. I don't know if I should be impressed or upset for being here so quickly, but I let the feelings slide as we walk through the hospital's automatic sliding doors.

As always a strong smell of disinfectants burn my air ways as Saeyoung and I trail to the front desk hand and hand. Upon approaching the reception desk the man lifts his head from his work instantly recognizing us. "Saeran Choi is in the waiting room down the hallway to your right" the man informed with a light hearted smile. I call out a thank you as Saeyoung begins to pull me behind him.

It's been two weeks since we've seen Saeran. Visitation became less and less when the treatment started to settle in. One would think it would be the opposite, but because of the drugs the withdrawals left Saeran in a weak state. The doctor had to close off any visitation to avoid any illness attacking his immune system while he was recovering. Saeyoung was mortified when he could no longer see his brother. Thankfully we had everyone in the RFA to help Saeyoung and Saeran during these hardship. It's been awhile since we've seen them.

I miss them.

Ever since we escaped Mint Eye my brother disappeared yet again, but at least he told me where he was going. When V broke it to me that he was heading to Alaska for some traveling therapy thing I nearly lost it. I thought that after we had everything resolved about Rika and Mint Eye we could finally spend some time together repairing what we had lost. But, I knew I couldn't be selfish so I let him go. It's probably for the best. At least he sends me letters when he can.

As I was mindlessly following Saeyoung I bump into him when he suddenly stops in place. He glances to me with concern and I send him a reassuring smile before turning away to look in the waiting room.

Through the glass of the doors the waiting room was left nearly empty except for a boy with white orangey hair. "That's him" Saeyoung then mutters breathlessly placing his hands on the door to push it open.

Upon entering Saeran snaps his head toward us. His beautiful mint eyes were shadowed with small patches of yellows as he locks eye contact with us. "Saeran..." Saeyoung approaches his brother hesitantly as if he's waiting for his consent to greet him.

Saeran's gaze falls to the floor a light smile tugging away at his lips. "You promised we could see the stars together one day and eat ice cream... can we still do that?" Saeyoung's mouth hung ajar. Then closing his mouth Saeyoung brings his hand to cover it as his yellow eyes became glassy.