Recovery

We burst through the Garrison doors.

"Please, we need a medic." I say to the nearest security.

"I'm sorry, I don't know. I've only ever worked security here. You could ask Admiral Saunda." he said.

"Thank you." 

---------------------------

We ran into the control room to find Saunda.

She stood with her head in her hands at one of the desks.

"Admiral Saunda!"

She turned. "You've got him. What happened to him."

"We don't know but we can tell he's in pain." I say.

"Get him to the medical bay right away."

Iverson led us to a room a few halls down.

"In here."

Allura lay him down on one of the beds.

A doctor rushed over. 

"We don't know what's wrong." said Allura.

"Hmm." he leaned over Keith. "Son, can you hear me? Can you speak?"

Keith grunted. You could tell he was in a lot of pain.

"Ok. Can you guys wait outside? We need to take X-rays and a few other tests."

We nodded and went outside. Lance, Hunk and I sat on the floor. Shiro leaned against the wall in front of us and Allura stood beside us.

After a few minutes my Dad came toward us.

"Now we've been working on a new particle shield lately to surround the Garrison. After a few tests it's finally up and running and we're about to activate them before Lotor attempts to launch attacks on us." he says.

"That's great, Dad! At least we'll have some form of protection. Let's just hope it can sustain for long time periods." 

"So far, tests shown it can stand for about forever and can take a lot of damage before it would actually give way." He stopped talking for a second and held his hand to his earpiece. "I've got to go. They're beginning to activate them."

"Good luck."

He nodded and headed off.

--------------------------------------

The doctor came out 30 minutes later.

"We've conducted some tests and the results say he has a broken rib and a concussion but the causes are unknown." he said.

"Oh God." I whisper.

"How long would it take him to get up and around?" asks Shiro.

"Depends. Maybe in about a few weeks. It could even take months just for him to be able to really start walking around. It's pretty bad."

"What can we do in the meantime?" I ask.

"Just wait. We will be putting him on a few medications. And I must say...his blood results came out a bit...strange." he said.

"That's uh..normal. Trust us."

----------------------------------

We headed into the conference room for a brief meeting.

"The particle barrier was a success. So far Lotor hasn't launched an attack but we still need to be prepared at all times. Even the Lions or the Castle can't be enough protection." my father said.

"How could we "prepare" then?" asked Saunda.

"Ships. With the tech and records we have downloaded from the Castle of Lions, we could build something powerful though it can take long before it's finished."

"Maybe we could even use the secrets of Oriande I've gained. We could make ships as powerful as even Voltron." said Allura.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see." said Shiro.

I didn't really realize this is turning into a different version of season 8 but like mkay sis.