Departure

"Admiral Saunda!" shouted a crew member at one of the control stations.

"What is it?"

"There's movement in the southern regions! The Galra ship appears to be moving away."

"They're leaving?" asked Shiro.

"It appears so, sir."

"Why would they do that?" asked Lance.

"They're probably up to something." I say. "Keith muttered something to me about hybrids and being "powerful"."

"All that matters now is protecting the citizens of Earth and finding a way to prepare for future attacks." said the Admiral.

-----------------------------------

Two weeks later*

We made great progress in building powerful ships that'll help us in our fight but we keep running into problems.

My father, engineers, and I work on perfecting them and Allura uses her knowledge from Oriande to help construct.

Keith slowly heals. Coran said they could put him in one of the ships pods but it can't do much for Keith's current state of condition.

Only thing to do now is to let him heal naturally.

---------------------------------

3 weeks later*

Everyone had made great progress in building ships. They were completely finished but we could find a reliable power source. Not even a shard of a Balmarian crystal.

"We could try forming our own version of a Balmarian crystal. It would be an artificial model of the real thing. Though it could take a few quirks before we could get something as close as we possible can." I explained to my father and the other Garrison officials.

"Yes," began my father. "It's possible but it will take extra time and resources." 

Saunda hesitated. "We will discuss the matter promptly." she said.

A/N:Please Read:

Hi guys! So I am making this into a super long series. I originally did that for you guys to enjoy but lately, I haven't.

I wanted to leave the decision up to you guys anyways.

Would you want me to continue the series or have me end it? If I end it, I can still write you all a final ending chapter for closure.

Please comment your feedback <3

I'm open as well for any recommended books to start writing as well ;)

Love you all! 

<3