24: You're the real liar.

Warning: This chapter contains violence and gory scenes. Viewers' discretion is advised.

Yu Jian tsked with annoyance before glimpsing at the corner of the room where the kitchen lies. He pushed Rui aside, hiding her in the dark behind the large pile of items, pots and pans of all sorts. Falling into the sack of damp hay, rocks and barks of wood pinched her skin while bruises began to form.

The doors of the worn out house was broken down, flying out with angry wooden splinters. Cai Zhi suddenly appeared and roared furiously as he charged towards Yu Jian with a sharp blade aimed straight for his throat.

"Where. Is. Rui?" He thundered with a murderous voice as he swung his blade madly at Yu Jian. Grunting, Yu Jian countered his attack and took two steps back before their swords clashed. The metal shook harshly against each other, declaring with its battle cry.

"Idiot. You think I would let you know? What kind of criminal would I be?" he mockingly laughed at him. Normally, he wouldn't even spare a single word for this bastard. But after seeing the injuries on Rui, he couldn't control himself from taunting him.

Yu Jian twisted his sword, bending his opponent's weapon to his command and pushed forwards.

Still finding time to talk, Yu Jian teased, "Not a very good criminal, for sure."

However, Cai Zhi did not lead an entire army for nothing. His skills were considerably high for his young age. Bending back, he avoided the slick swing of Yu Jian and used his momentum to kick him in the chest.

Flying back, his feet glided across the wooden platform and he steadied himself for another attack. Yu Jian gave him no time to prepare as he kicked off into the same direction and slammed down his blade. Baring the impact, Cai Zhi fought for control as he struggled to overpower him.

The two rolled onto the floor, each one baring their fangs at another. Cai Zhi pushed the sword closer and closer to Yu Jian, making him grit his teeth.

Angered, Cai Zhi landed a harsh kick to his side before whipping up another blade from his pocket. He stabbed the short knife into Yu Jian's shoulder before he swiftly turned his longer blade downwards. Rui watched in horror as the sword made a clean cut down the left side of Yu Jian's face.

"No!" She sobbed quietly to herself as his blood splattered to the floor. Yu Jian let out a small cry and his body weakened to the force.

Rui watched the scene play out in a matter of a few seconds. Adrenaline flowed through her veins and she groped the surrounding area for any sorts of weapon. Her finger tips touched a cold metal and she brought it up to her face. It was a wide, dull knife—unfortunately, it was a cooking knife.

She watched it glare and reflect under the moonlight. With a heart beating at a hundred miles per hour, she clenched it tightly in her two hands.

Rui eyed the two men and memories flashed before her eyes. No, now isn't the time to be hesitating! For Yu Jian, for Liling, for herself!

Sucking up her tears, she braced for herself and charged forwards stealthily with the knife pointing towards his back.

Cai Zhi grunted at the sudden sharp pain and his head took a sharp turn to catch the unknown attacker. His eyes were shocked, but then it burned with redness. Crazed and maddened, he let out a terrifying cry, "Rui! How dare you!"

Cai Zhi slammed her chest with a heavy force, sending her to slide across the floor. The wind was knocked out of her lungs and she choked for air. She coughed violently and held her hand against her chest. Yu Jian's uninjured eye instantly darkened and turned cold, frosting into an eerie glare.