•five•

"So what time is the party?"

"Whenever you get here." Edwin jokes on the phone. "Around 7 or so."

Amari nods her head, watching Zion's bare back. She watched him as he moved around trying to find a shirt to pull on. For a moment she almost zoned out, she was so infatuated with this man.

"Ah, okay. Well that gives us some time."

He chuckled. "Great. I'm glad you two are actually coming. Knowing Zion," there was a pause. " I could better imagine him wanting you home."

"He's died down a little. But hey, let me get ready and I'll see you there?" She drew the phone conversation to it's end.

"Yea, alright. Love you,"

"Love you too." She then brings the phone from her ear, and looks over at Zion once again to see him glaring hard at her and the phone in her hand. 

"That was Wardo?" He asked using Edwin's nickname, pushing his hands into the shirt he decided on.

She nodded, watching him as he put on the shirt. "Mhm, yea. You seem confused."

"Love you too?"

She sucked her teeth as she tossed her phone on her bed. "You got to chill. Edwin is my best friend it's not like that. I am with you, in case you got amnesia."

It rubbed Zion the wrong way if he were completely honest. It made him feel insecure; the thought of her loving any boy in any way. He took it the opposite way if what it was. He never really heard her say that to Edwin, let alone to him really so he was really taken aback. He simply began to move in silence as he continued getting dress, trying hard not really think about it. But that's all he was doing.

Amari really didn't notice as she turned her back to go and grab whatever outfit she chose to wear to this party.

~*~*~*~

They hadn't talked since after Amari got off the phone with Edwin. It was somewhat of a comfortable silence as they brushed past each other every now and then and maybe even asking some simple questions.

It almost like Zion wasn't even in the mood. He seemed to be getting tired which is something his girlfriend took notice upon. As he was grabbing his chain to put on, she watched him through the mirror with worried eyes.

"Baby what's wrong?" Her voice was soft and cautious.

His eyes met hers through the reflection. He fixed his chain on his neck. "Do you love me? Like you love Edwin?"

"Z." She chuckled dryly.

"I'm serious."

Her brows knitted together. She walked up to him and grabbed his chin and turned him around to face her. "No I don't."

That stung him for a moment.

"I love you in a different way. It's something much deeper than that." She dropped her hand. "Why would you ever question that, Z?"

He could think of a million times that had made him think otherwise. She was always passive about things like that. It made him think that he was all about her while she was only meeting him half way.

"Cause of the way you are. I don't know—I don't know."

She tilts her head. "I love you. Zion, I love you."

He watched her lips as those words poured out her mouth, a bit in aw. The empathy in her eyes were present and bold. He couldn't help but respond. "I love you."

Her hand rested on his chest, playing with his chain. She was thinking about how much she actually meant to this guy. He meant the same to her, maybe more. Sometimes she just didn't know how to show it.

"You ready to go? It's not like five minutes down the block." He says trying to shift subject a little.

He was sensitive most of the time but damn did he hate showing it. It made him feel a bit week. Nonetheless, Amari knew how to get him to his core at times.

"Mhm. Let's head out," She says, grabbing her jacket, even though it's definitely summer.

The two headed out and hoped in his car, heading to Edwin's place. The time they arrived at his house it was past 7 and it was well flooding with some people, compared to how many people he loves to have at his party.

They entered, automatically feeling the energy in the air. Zion wouldn't be surprised if someone was already half way wasted. The music was blasting and people were moving to it.

There were plenty of people in the house, coming close to blocking the front door. In the crowd, you see a head of blonde curls surfing through, heading towards Amari and Zion.

Finally he reached, wearing some type of black and white jumpsuit and chains stacked upon his neck. He smiled at the couple.

"Hey guys! Go ahead and start having some fun." He welcomes them in. He leads the two of them to the mini bar. Austin was already there, talking to some girl with blonde hair, smiling and laughing.

"Austin, wassup?" Zion speaks up as he dapped up the brunette. Mari waves at Austin and gives him a friendly side hug.

"I'm good, I'm good. This is Ansley," He points to the girl, who was just as smiley as he was.

Amari turned at Austin with a questioning look, if this was the special girl he'd been stressing over.  A simple wink was all that was needed before she nodded once.

"Hi, nice to me you guys." She waves shyly.

"I'll be over by the DJ if y'all need me." Edwin speaks up as he began to make his way through the crowd.

Amari looks over at Zion who is calmly looking among the other party goers. Someone catches his eyes, someone who was obviously not sitting right with him. He looked over at Amari and pulls her closer to him, as if he were trying to protect her.

"No fucking way." He mumbled to himself.

He could've sworn with his right hand on the bible that he had seen Brandon making his way over . Out of all the people in the world, he was sure he saw him.

And he did because suddenly he'd been standing right in front of the two. He was dressed pretty casual but stylish. His expression was nonchalant and expecting.

"Now how the hell do you know Edwin?" He steps to him, trying to intimidate him but he just smiles at him as if he were a corny joke.

He was way too calm.  Amari looked at him suspiciously. There had to be some reason he weren't the same amount of surprised. Him and Edwin, of their knowledge, had never crossed paths. It was really weird.

"I know people who know him." He then looks over at Amari, who looks over at him baffled. He bites his lip briefly. "Hey Mari, you look good."

"Back up." Zion snaps a bit.

Amari pats his chest, whispering for him to calm down as Brandon just watched the two as she continued to calm him down.

Next thing you know, Nick slides beside them two. "Is everything good?" He asked, looking over at the couple then over at the outsider, who seemed to step back a little. He barely knew Nick, but just by his  energy he knew he wasn't someone to mess with, as experienced with their last encounter.

"Yea, we good." He says before strolling away, disappearing in between the bodies of people.

"Did you know he was here?" Amari asked him, assuming he knew since he was here prior to the party starting.

He shook his head. "I don't know how that fool got in here," He spoke, looking off into the distance. "But forget that. Y'all ready to turn up?"

They looked at each other before they responded in unison. 

"Let's get it!"

~*~*~*~*~*