•thirteen•

He sat in a chair directly in front of the tv leaning forward, trying to immerse himself into the game he was playing as much as possible. His headset was carelessly thrown on the ground to the side of him because he was not in the mood to talk to anyone. He let his thumbs do all the work, mashing random button combinations that weren't getting Zion anywhere in the game he was playing to distract himself.

The dreads that hung over his face were pulled back with in elastic loose enough to slip out to let them fall if he were to move too sporadically. A shirt for him was nowhere to be found. That goes for whatever sweats he was wearing as well.

The guy felt miserable. Being in this apartment all alone was never in his future plans with Amari. Yet, this seemed like the best solution to their problem if they want to keep this ship sailing smoothly.

A grunt escaped his lips as he was defeated in the silly game he'd probably call stupid as hell. With a force, he flung his controller onto his bed to follow right after it just to toss it away again. He laid on his stomach with his face in his pillow, tempted to scream into it.

"Should've got her a hotel room or some shit," He mumbled into the plush thing, his hands gripping around to squeeze.

They were both there in that house with her. Probably cooing over her and comforting her and touching her-- things he didn't want to think about but wasn't dumb enough to think that they weren't happening or weren't going to happen. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad for Zion if it were some random dude.

He felt around for his phone, grabbing it and placing it in front of him. He unlocked it to first go through his contacts, all the clever names he'd put for random girls he'd messed with multiple times, days and nights over.

Zion knew it wouldn't be the same after he met Amari--felt Amari. One time with her never added up to those weeks of different women laid up beside him every day just for them to leave the next morning. His girl would always be bolted up on a pedestal.

It's almost like she ruined everything for him that had to do with other girls.

But through all of that, he was still mad at her, and probably would be upset all now because he can't see how she chooses to take this break. He didn't say anything was off-limits.

That made him mad, yet slightly turned on about the last time he was pissed off with her. Too bad she wasn't there next to her so he could take it out on her. There was a sudden discomfort within him so he turned over on his back and looked down at himself, chuckling lightly.

"Of fucking course."

He'd taken one too many cold showers to know that it wouldn't exactly work on him as fast as he wanted it to. Zion felt a bit awkward now, sitting on his back, staring at his crotch like he didn't know what he had to do to get rid of it.

So badly did he want to call her to help him.

Knowing that wasn't a possibility, he grabbed a bottle of lotion he hidden under his clothes that also hasn't been used in months. He threw it beside him and sat on the edge of his bed, his legs apart. As soon as he was getting ready to pull his boxers down, there was a loud knock on the door.

He mumbled profanity to himself like he was even going to go through with it. He threw the lotion bottle down and kicked it under his bed. Walking all the way over to the door, he doesn't realize he might need pants as he reaches to open it.

Zion only peaks his head out, shamefully hiding the rest of his body behind the door, especially now he sees who this is.

Brandon waved, his silver rings reflecting off of whatever light there was. "Hey, Zion."

"Right now is not a good time," He replied, gulping nervously.

"Are you naked?"

"Huh?" Zion steps back behind the door just to check his progress. Still very stiff. "Ah, basically."

He gave him a goofy smile, stepping back respectively. "You two lovebirds just can't get enough?"

The laugh that followed his comment was very awkward. "Yea. You know us--"

"I know she's not here." His goofy smile disappeared, crossing his arms. In the process, he pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose judging him. "Remember I can hear everything. Apparently, she won't be here for a while."

"Why do you eavesdrop so God damn much, man? All I could wish for is some privacy," He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Brandon shrugged. "And all I want is a girl and some soundproof walls, but we don't always get what we want, right?"

A hand went down to Zion's crotch as he leaned over more to the door's opening. "Nigga you don't get to complain, you ruined it for yourself!"

"Okay, back up. Back it up. We were on a break so doesn't mean what happened to me won't happen to you," He pointed.

"Get out my face, Arreaga." He grimaced before slamming the door in his face as soon as he finished his part. He turned around and looked down at himself and sucked his teeth.

"What the actual fuck." He cursed to himself, holding his crotch as he walked back into his bedroom to finished where he left off, sadly.

~*~*~