•eightteen•

a/n: i'll explain the reason for my like 2 month hiatus.

~

"Get over it." Edwin threw Nick's hat at his chest.

"Don't you know what they say though?" He said, leaning forward on the couch, his elbows on his knees as his chin rests on his hand.

He just rolled his eyes at his friend. "No I don't and I kind of don't care,"

"I thought you were on my side, Ed." He looked to the side, his eyes glossing as if he were a puppy.

It wasn't that he didn't support his friend, it was not so he didn't like what he was doing enough to encourage it. It's obvious— Amari and Zion were probably going
to be fine. In his eyes anyway. It seemed like they were set in stone to him, while Nick was trying to just pry his way in.

"Well I guess I'm not." His tone was blunt. "That's tough."

Edwin then walked away nonchalantly as his friend raging hot. He couldn't believe he'd just betrayed him like that, after seemingly being supportive of what he wanted.

"On God, Ed?" His voice resonated through the space between them as Edwin stopped in his tracks, turning around quickly. At this time he'd stood up.

"On God. You're acting like she isn't my best friend and I'm not supposed to respect her relationship with your desperate ass. You're pissing the fuck off, Nick,"

His eyebrows furrowed as distress and confused filled his mind. "It's not that I don't respect it—"

"No! That's the point! You don't! You're always fucking up something Nick!" He expressed, pointing.

"Aye chill." He voice cooed a bit.

As a response, his mustered up a dry laugh. "No. I don't know why you're even surprised any of this is coming or my mouth. You are the exact reason we didn't talk for months. All you fucking do is think for yourself. You know what— get out."

"Edwin."

"I'm so serious. Get out my house. I know you can go back home by now, with your dumb extermination excuse." He rolled his eyes turning his body and walking up his stairs without another peak over his shoulder.

Nick couldn't even fix himself to give a proper apology. An honest one at that. That's because he wasn't really sorry and saw his point as reasonable. Amari was the girl he wanted, and now even more that her current relationship isn't so smooth sailing. Now that, he believed he could fix.

~*~*~

Amari stood on the balcony of the apartment. For some reason, neither her or Zion used it but right now it was calling her name.

She could admit to herself she did feel accomplished after what she just gave to him, yet that didn't guarantee if had clicked with anything mentally for him. To her, it was just a way to bribe him.

Of course, she loved him. But the feeling of sexual relief seemed like a last and easy resort to get Z out of his stubbornness. If this didn't work she wouldn't know what to. Leaving was at the very bottom and back of her mind but it seemed like that's what she might have to do.

"Damn, I could use a cigarette." She spoke to herself, also out into the cool summer night.

A chuckle. "Don't use those cancer sticks."

She whipped her head to the left to see Brandon leaning to where he'd been facing in the opposite direction. She rolled her eyes. 

"Um, hello."

"What's up? You alright?" He asked, turning around and now leaning towards her on the iron rail identical to the ones surrounding her.

"I'm good. It's just the whole thing with Z. Needed some air to kind of clear my head to think.

"I get it," He takes off his glasses momentarily to clean them. His face stayed down almost the whole time Mari couldn't exactly get a glimpse of what he'd looked like without his black frame lenses. "Just stick with him. He needed a girl like you for a long time. You love him, right?"

"Of course."

"Then just, work it out." He pushes them back on his face quickly, before looking at her with a warm smile. "He'll pull through. I know I may seem a bit.. I don't know. Annoying? I speak truth. The truth is he's forgiven you already, he's dealing with himself but taking it out on you."

The girl nodded, listening.

"It sounds weird but when you think about it makes complete sense. Anyway," He clapped, standing up straight. "My little show on Netflix is waiting. So good night for now, Amari."

"Good night, B." She watched as he walked back into his apartment back door, shutting it softly behind him. A moment later she did the same.

Making her way back their bedroom she forgot for only a moment that Zion laid ass naked on their bed, but dead to the world. He was on his stomach, his whole body taking the bed unintentionally. The sleeping position reminded her of that of a toddler. He was just a large dude. It made Amari laugh a bit.

Out of respect, she'd taken their sheets and covered his bare butt, making a mental note of maybe washing the sheets the next morning. As she was feeling tired herself she grabbed a blanket and pillow and headed for the living room couch, where there was space for her there. She made herself comfortable and fell into a deep sleep there.

~

It was a breeze to wake up for Amari the following morning. Somehow, it felt like she had more space on this sofa than she remembered as she could roll a bit. Then she shocked somehow herself to sit up and realized that she was laying in the bed.

Alone.

It didn't concern her, but it made her curious. Did Zion really carry her into bed, naked? It was a funny thought that had crossed her mind for a moment. She rolled out of bed and went into the kitchen just to check where Z could be.  There was a note on the kitchen counter, simply a napkin with ink bleeding right through it which read.

Idk when you're gonna wake up but I'm gonna go get some breakfast and coffee, cause I know girls like that shit.
~Z

She couldn't help but bite her lip and laugh. That was all him, she could only read it in her voice. It made her smile, the second time this morning. All him. Even with all his stubbornness she was just head over heels.

Mari heard a familiar buzz, coming from on the couch which she assumed to be her phone, so she rushed over.

It was only a text message but who it was from and what it read was what confused her. She even blinked a few times before even processing the small phrase which for a reason, had correctly got her pissed off.

Nick:
        Still want to kiss me?

~*~*~*~

hey strangers.
school has been a complete bitch and so has life honestly. i was in a funk— actually still am at the moment but i've gotten myself together enough to finish this chapter. i forgot how soothing it is to write.

one more thing: i fell in love with one of my friends and now i'm trying to.. fall out i guess??

anywho vote comment, do all that jazz!!!