•twenty-six•

Her eyes twitched as she watched him walk out. She hate to admit she took that to heart. Maybe it was her fault. Maybe she wouldn't have even been pregnant if she didn't fuck up, then later resulting in them having angry sex. What she took from this particular situation was different than others.

She walked out the room and stopped just right outside the living room, staring dead at the back of his head.

"So what is it? You don't want a kid with me?" Her voice was demanding of a quick answer.

Z chooses to ignore, and as an answer points the remote to the tv and turns up the volume with absolutely no hesitation.

Amari then storms over to the front of the tv and stands there, her arms crossed as if she were a little kid. She stares at him again, as his eyes go right past her. "Don't act like I'm not here! Nigga, why don't you want a baby with me? What's wrong with me???"

Zion throws the remote on the ground. "Mari, I never wanted a baby. You were the one saying you weren't pregnant and you aren't. Why are you upset? How else do you want me to take this?"

"That was mad disrespectful, what you said to me." She walked up in front of him as her voice grew.

"Who are you walking up to like that? Raising your voice like that?" He then stood up, towering over her like he was some giant. She looked up at him, her expression softening to his bitter, agitated one. The space between them quickly vanished.

He began to speak again. "I don't understand what you're not understanding. We are not ready for kids. Not right now. Maybe not ever."

Amari, kind of looking down and around, sighs. "Okay. Well, can you fuck me like you want some?"

His eyes widen at the question, and honestly caused something inside him to jump. He took in a deep breath clearly a bit exasperated. "Go take a nap or something. After this, you really think I'm in the mood?"

"Why not?"

"Mari, go lay down or something, please."

He said, plopping back down on the couch catching the remote in his hand so he wouldn't sit on it. He then turned the volume down on the tv, so it wasn't obnoxiously loud. He massages his temples rather aggressively, as if he were physically tired, which couldn't have been the case.

Amari took the walk of shame back into the room, her eyes to her feet as she searched for the pregnancy test, she'd pitched at Zion. She then got down on the floor to feel under the bed, to her avail she grabbed it and walked over to the trash can in the bathroom.

She glanced at it once more. Then twice more. Then thrice. She was seeing something, that wasn't what they saw before. Her eyes widen and her head started shaking in disbelief. She fast walked out of the room and threw the test at him once more.

"Ayo, what the—"

"Look at it. Look at it right now and please tell me I'm seeing stuff." Her voice wavered.

He juggled it between his hands so he could get a good grip and look at it.  He stood to his feet immediately and looked over at her. Z had never seen tears form so fast in her eyes. The thought of him not being to completely comfort her hurt his heart. He wanted to take some of things he said back but it was too late.

He placed the test down on the coffee table and walked over to her, offering her a hug but she stood there, her eyes flooding.

"You want me to get rid of it right?"

"Mari."

"Right?"

"Not if you don't want to. I'm not going force you" He took a few steps closer. "Just because I don't want a baby don't mean I'm going to force you to get rid of one."

Suddenly Amari tackled his large frame into a hug. The rollercoaster of emotions they've been in in one day is enough to cause anyone to burst into tears. In his embrace, it made her want to cry forever, knowing he truly doesn't want this but he's right either way.

~*~*~*~

a/n: this story is really going to end on a weird number and the perfectionist inside me is screaming.