•ten•

a/n: she's a bit long. you'll see why.

It was a quick goodbye as the couple left Edwin's house. A swift set of neutral waves and then they were on their way home. It wasn't the shortest drive either, so the ride might be a bit awkward.

Amari's head rested against the car window. Her mind was racing. She was going through what might be the outcome of this situation. Thinking why the hell she'd even try to down that much alcohol without it having a not so great result. It was her to blame and it wasn't the first time. This wasn't the worst thing she's done since she's met Z. She's pulled way dumber stunts.

His reaction to it all is what made her so worried. Did he feel betrayed? Played? There wasn't an exact thing that happened back there. Mari felt guilty as charged. She knew she fucked up, just in a different position this time.

Right now, all Z was trying to do was focus on the road. Other than say, question his and Mari's actions last night. He didn't do anything. But he wasn't even there the whole time, according to Nick. The negative things were overlapping and taking over his mind that it was probably Z himself making him angry and so hurt. It's not like she kissed him. But it's the fact that there was even a mention is what's pushing him.

"Z?"

Her voice was soft, begging of forgiveness, though all she said was a  letter.

He glanced at her once, getting a picture in his head of only a profile her slight bed ruffled hair and bare face. 

"Yea," His foot eases onto the brakes as he switches lanes behind someone going a tad bit slower than he once was.

"I don't know why I'd do that."

He inhaled, then exhaled rather loudly. "Me neither."

"Z, I couldn't control whatever I was doing. I was drunk--"

"I know you were."

She sniffed, turning her head more towards the window as tears threatened to fall. He caught another look at her as she curled herself up more in the passenger seat trying to turn her body as far away as she could.

"You must want me to say that it's okay but that shit isn't." He shook his head.

"Obviously not, I'm not fucking dumb." Amari fires back.

His eyebrows stitch together now, pissed off. For the rest of the ride home, not a word did they speak to each other. Z was pissed Mari was well passed ashamed. This was probably something that could eventually be worked out, right? It's just a slip up under the influence which really she had no control of. Knowing Z though, he could hold this grudge against her for a minute.

~*~*~*~*~*

He meant he was going to express the distress he was in when the reached their apartment. He went straight into their room as they got home, closing the door behind him not really caring whether or not she was trailing behind. 

Thank the Lord she wasn't. She opted for sitting on the couch in the living room and watching tv there. Of course, she wishes they can move past this right now so that she could be cuddled up underneath him on that cold ass couch. It was their cold ass couch, in the middle of summer.

She threw her head back, deliberately hitting her head against the couch. With her mouth slightly parted, she blew cool air. She took the throw blanket and threw it over herself, covering her head full of hair and all, looking like a human burrito. Mari muted the tv briefly and held her breath to see if Z might've been playing the game or something of the sort, but actually, it was dead silent.