•twenty-four•

Amari snuck out of bed to go freshen up, being careful to not wake him up. She walked over to the bathroom and took her time brushing her teeth. With quick hands she started the shower up, letting the water run until it was hot enough for her to jump in.

In the meanwhile, she began undressing and decided to place her hair up in a messy bun. It wasn't wash day for her hair. Amari tossed her clothing into the hamper to get washed sometime later on during the week. She closed the curtain and stepped into the shower minutes later, the steam flooding the bathroom like a sauna. She began to lather up soap when the door opens.

Ignoring it, she let the soap suds build on her body. An odd breeze flows into the shower. Her back facing the curtain she peep around her shoulder, jumping with surprise.

"Fucking— you scared me." She exhaled.

"Sorry." Zion let his eyes freely trace her up and down. "Mind if I joined you?"

She turned around. "Nope."

With a rush, he hopped out his shorts and left them out on the floor right next to the hamper. He climbed in the shower and pulled the curtain closed behind him.

"You're telling me you couldn't just throw your shit in the hamper? It's right there for a reason." Already she was complaining.

Zion shrugged, letting himself get wet only to wince. "I don't know. Why is this water so fucking hot?"

"I like it that way. If there's a problem you can step out."

"It's gonna get cold, we're going to be in here a minute." He turned around to face her, his dreads getting heavier from the water. They leaned and their lips met to begin something they were determined to finish.

~*~*~*~*

"Now I can't do anything active today. Made me feel queasy, too."

Mari came out with her hair relatively wet, not at all planned. Her legs had a slight shake and wobbled as she placed weight on either leg. She sat down on the bed, as Zion passed by with a towel around his waist.

"My bad?" He grabbed clothing from in his drawer, as he proceeded to dry himself off.

She giggled as she threw on a sports bra and some shorts; her regular attire around the house.

She walks out into the kitchen just to hear a knock on the door. Rolling her eyes she picked up the pace. "Coming!"

Mari wasn't tall enough to comfortably peep through the peephole without giving her all so she just swung the door open and decided to deal with whomever was on the other side of that door regardless if she wanted to see them or not.

"Hey— Oh wow." Austin eyes widen down at her.

Her eyes opened wide with excitement. "Austin!"

She jumped to hug him, though he was the slightest bit uncomfortable because of her current attire. It was only given that he hugged her back.

"Is it okay I come in?" He asked, looking passed her.

She nodded, letting him walk right pastes her. Closing the door, she noted. "Zion is getting dressed."

"Zion is almost done!" He yelled from his room.

She glared in the direction of the room for s brief moment before continuing with Austin. "Anyhow. I feel like I haven't seen you in like forever. How's everything?"

"Eh. It's alright. I don't know what to do with my life right now but I got Ansley so she's helping a bit." He smiles at the mention of his girlfriend.

Amari smiles. "You do that every time?"

"Do what?"

"Smile at the thought of her."

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?" His smile grew wider.

He sat down on the couch. Before they could continue their conversation, Z had walked out, a small towel on his head as he shook it to dry his dreads. "Yo!"

"Aye! What's good Z?" He stood again to dap him up.

"Nothing much."

"I'll go give you two some space," Amari announces before walking back into the room. It was sudden and abrupt but the boys didn't think much of it.

Amari didn't leave the two alone because had manners, but because she had the sudden urge to spew like a volcano. She sat on the bed and listened to the two converse from afar but wasn't tuning in enough to hear details about anything.

She sat there for a minute. Longer than that probably. For as long as they were talking she sat there, deciding whether she should try or just wait until it shot out of her. But then she felt it. Finally, stomach began to bubble as she ran for the toilet and threw up everything she had left in her stomach.

After Austin left and Zion came back in the room the feeling worsened, and all hell was breaking loose as she kneeled down in front the toilet, her hands on either side of the ground as he rushed in to check up on her.

"Ew. What did you eat?" He asked in a joking manner, kneeling as well to rub her back and tighten her messy bun.

There was a pause, before she turned towards him.  "I didn't eat anything yet."

"Huh? Well what did you eat last night?" He asked, getting more concerned.

She shrugged. "Nothing not normal."

Round two commenced and this time it wasn't stopping. She vomited aggressively which actually scared Zion this time. He waited for her to stop to ask.

"Did I actually fuck you too hard? I'm sorry." He covered his mouth as he apologized, but also because of the smell. "Yuck."

"Fuck you. And no, that can't be." She wiped the corners of her mouth.  It made Z cringe as he reached for a paper towel up on the skin of their bathroom.

"Hey. Wait." He says, watching her as he wiped her mouth off. "Before today, when is the last time we had sex?"

Amari answered almost immediately. "The night after the party. Now that made me hurt so bad—"

"Amari, I don't think I used a condom."

She rolled her eyes, sitting up straight. "I remember. You didn't but no worries I'm on birth control, calm down."

He stood up, looking at her from above, in a bit of a panic. "You sure. Did you take before the party? After the party? When's the last time you took it before the party??"

"Hey! I said calm down, lower your voice. I am not pregnant." There was a large pause.

She let another round loose. Zion fast walked out the bathroom to grab a hoodie and a shirt for her. He shoved his wallet into his pocket before walking back into the bathroom, to see her leaning on the toilet seat, looking up at him.

"I bet you $5 it's a stomach virus." She watched the wallet in his pocket. She looked a bit discolored.

He threw her shirt back on the bed. "I'm going to the drug store down the street. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Take me with you!" She pleaded, standing up for a moment to only sit back down and place her head over the toilet again.

"No. Cause if you throw up in that bitch I'm not cleaning it up." He refused. "I'll be back."

"Fine." She pouted. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*