•six•

For the past few minutes, they've been side by side, circling around the house, trying to get a bit more comfortable with all of the company Edwin invited. At some point Mari was even holding onto Z's shirt as they were attempting to glide past others.

They'd finally stopped, making themselves comfortable near the center and heat of all the people. Zion glared at Amari, who'd already been started up on her first shot, holding her second in her hand. She began to back up on him, but he wasn't encouraging it.

"What?" She turned around.

"Are you only going to do that on me?" He asked, his eyes motioning down.

"I can't make that promise." She frowns. "It's a party, Zion! We got to loosen up."

"Why can't you promise me that?" His tone turns a bit more serious.

She rolled her eyes. "It's not cheating. Listen," She hands him the shot glass that was filled to the rim still. "Loosen. Up. It's what we came here to do. Look, I'm not going to worry about you and you can't worry about me cause that bullshit is going to ruin the fun."

Reluctant, he takes the glass into his hands and throws it back quickly. She smiles at him as she does. He shakes his head and squeezes his eyes shut for a moment before looking down at her.

"You could've gotten a lime slice with that. Gosh," He wipes his mouth.

In her second attempt, she turns around and bends over, all over Zion. People around them take notice at this bold action as Amari began to gyrate, impressively he might add.

"Aye, aye, aye!" Edwin somehow found his way near the middle, encouraging the pair to keep on as her hips and his moved to the beat of the hype music.

The crowd joined in on the cheering, almost everyone in the party hyped the two up as they were both truly going crazy, but only in the best way.

Finally, even with each other, they'd loosen up a great deal. Even if it meant getting some fuel in their system.

~*~*~*~

They were really going crazy now.

Zion found his way on top of a table, yelling lyrics at the top of his lungs. He was truly the life of the party right now; somehow a liquor bottle had become his accessory as he stomped, not afraid whatsoever that the table might give in underneath him.

No, he wasn't paying attention to his girlfriend anymore right now like sober Zion would. Amari was a different story. She got a hold of some drinks and she couldn't hold her alcohol quite well.

Amari watched from the floor,  beside many other people who surrounded the table hyping the dreadheaded boy up. She was enjoying herself a bit too much as she was probably drunker than her counterpart. Even with the small shot glass, it was probably her 5th or 7th. Hell if she knew.

All that she knew is that she felt good. So many times had she backed up onto people that wasn't Zion. One of them could've been Brandon and she wouldn't have known. She was beyond it.

It was almost pitch black in there, with exceptions of the disco lights from the speaker which barely lit the room. Bodies were getting closer in the one room, jumping up and down feeding off each other's energy. It felt like that was the world, that room right there.

That was the definition of Edwin's party. If someone weren't having a good time, it's possible they just weren't breathing.

As Amari is enjoying the show, there's a heavy tap on her shoulder. Not reluctant to at all, she turns to see Nick, who was completely sober. He wasn't a heavy drinker, even at Edwin's parties.

He looked at her for the moment, and he could see how she had almost began swaying in the wind a bit.

But what wind?

He shook his head before taking his arm and placing it around her. He looked over at Zion who was having the time of his life versus Amari who was trying but she was close to passing out.

"No." She mumbled in his ear. Somehow he could hear it over he loud music and shouting.

Nick could tell she was a bit out of it, and didn't want her falling out.  So he took her and walked her to one of the guest rooms, and where it was pretty isolated and quiet. He closed the door and laid her on the bed carefully. Mari squirmed around as she reached out for him.

"Nick? Nick. You still like me?" Her words were slurred and blunt.

He could feel himself getting hot in his face. "I don't know. I—"

"Here's your chance," She played with her clothing. "I love him, but I feel bad for how I treated you last Halloween. I care about you, love."

There was a long pause as she just stared at Nick. He looked more frightened then anything but she wasn't reading that off at all. He stood back, beginning to pace back in forth in the room. Maybe he should leave her here so she won't cause any problems. He actually cared about her enough to protect her from doing stupid things to ruin what her and Zion have going for them.

Nick cared that much.

"I should've let you kiss me all the way. Is that why you got me here all alone?" She babbled.

"You're drunk. I'm not going to do that to you or Zion. I'm not going to ruin anyone's relationship." He waved his hands, getting a bit angry now.

She sat up a little, still using her hands for support. She smiled warmly at him. "You sure?"

"You aren't about to drag me into your drunk bullshit tonight, you hear me?" He raised his voice at her. "Sort of wished I didn't tell y'all to come. I didn't know you couldn't handle your liquor."

She hiccuped. "I'm handling it pretty well. Also kinda hurt. You think I'm drunk bullshit? What is that?"

"Amari, you're pissing me off. I'm trying to make sure you're okay and you think this is a joke?" He stepped up to her as she sat still.

She shook her head. "I'm having fun."

He sighed. "You know what? You're gonna stay in here until you sober the fuck up. "

Nick stormed out of the guest room and shut the door behind him. Amari yelled his name constantly, but he didn't even bother to try and open the door. He stood in front of it like a bodyguard, watching as people pass by casually. He refused to encourage her to do anything stupid.

~*~*~*~

a/n: this next chapter is going to be a tiny bit hectic ( mostly cause i wrote the majority of it at 3 am) so maybe hold on to your lace fronts, loves.

~