One- Birthday

Being the princess of dragons isn't the easiest thing in the world, but I must admit it comes with perks. Daddy, the king, spoils me rotten, especially on my birthday. 

Today is my fourteenth birthday, the beginning of when I could shift into a dragon like my paternal family. 

"Luminara! Time to get up!" I heard my mother, Morgan, call out for me. I grumbled a bit but complied. I wasn't ready to get out of bed, but I knew because it was my birthday there'd be something special waiting for me. 

"Princess! Time to get up!" my father Xenophon yelled. To say I was Daddy's little princess was an understatement. He gave me whatever I wanted and let me do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted to. My mother, however, was a bit more strict and kept me in line.

I tossed the covers off my body and sat up. I turned and slid off my large queen sized bed. My bedroom was large, as one would say, fit for a princess. 

I stretched my limbs out and made my way to my bathroom. 

I slipped off my clothes and turned on the shower, waiting a moment for the water to warm before getting into the cascading drops of water. 

I've always loved showers. They're my calming mechanism as well as the best way to wake up. I shower every morning even if I don't need to wash. I will shower during the day if I'm bored. I'll shower at night if I need to relax before bed. 

Once I had finished cleaning myself, I shut the warm water off and stepped out of the shower. I dried my body, brushed my teeth and my silky black hair and slipped on my clothes for the day. Every night I would pick an outfit and set it in the bathroom for the next day. 

I put on a pair of tight black pants with a long sleeved black shirt. You could say I was going through a phase of black at the moment, but I didn't care what anyone said. I just liked black. 

"Luminara! If you're not down here in two minutes I'm letting Zeek eat your share of breakfast!" my father yelled.

"I'm coming! Gosh!" I yelled back. 

Due to being the royal family, we all lived together. In my immediate family it was just myself, my father Xenophon, the King of the dragons and my human mother Morgan, Queen of the dragons. 

Then comes my extended family. My grandparents Zandos and Adina and my aunts, uncles and cousins. 

There's my uncle Zor, my father's brother, and aunt Mia, his lycan mate, and their twin son and daughter. Thora, their daughter,  and Theo, their son, are a year younger than me at thirteen years old and dragon lycan hybrids. 

Thora and I are best friends and spend most of our time together, usually getting in trouble around the castle. Well... I get us in trouble. She's more laid back and reasonable about situations. Theo hangs out with us once in a while, but he's usually trying to stay closer to the adults as he wants to be a warrior someday and help with royal affairs like my great uncle Malix. 

Then there's my uncle Zeek who is my father's brother and my aunt Harper who is my mother's sister. Funny how mates work out that way, right? Harper is pregnant so soon enough we will have another baby running around. 

After that there's my aunt Axa, who is with her mate Baltair, also a dragon. They have yet to have any children yet. 

My uncle Thane and aunt Azar don't live with us because Azar is a phoenix and needs to be in her own kingdom, but they visit often with their children too. They have three children, Ember, their oldest daughter who's ten, Maxen their middle child who is seven and their youngest baby who is only two, Evren. 

My aunt Azar's brother Blayze was mated to one of my mother's best human friends, Bex. They didn't have any children yet like Axa and Baltair but they didn't want any anyway. They too came around once in a while to visit us, but not very often. 

Once I finally made it down stairs and to the dining area, my whole family was waiting for me. As usual, they were all sitting around a large rectangular table where we always ate breakfast and dinner together. 

"Happy birthday!" they yelled in unison and I rolled my eyes but smiled. 

My father walked up and gave me a tight hug. "My baby is growing up. Stop growing up!" he said causing my mother's laughter. She pushed him to the side and gave me a hug of her own before kissing my forehead. 

"Happy birthday, baby," she said with a smile. "Xen, give me that box please?" she said after she pulled away and pointed to a wrapped box. He nodded and handed her the pink wrapped package. She extended the gift out to me with a smile. 

"Thank you, mom," I said as I took the package. I could feel all eyes on me as I ripped through the paper. I opened the box and pulled out a t shirt that said, 'best big sister ever'. My eyes popped out of my head as I turned the shirt around to show everyone and I looked at my mom. 

"You're pregnant?!" I said with shock. She smiled and nodded. "That's awesome! I'm gonna have a second me!" I said and everyone laughed. 

"Dragons I hope not!" Uncle Zeek said causing a chorus of laughter across the large dining room. 

I was ecstatic. I was going to be an older sister to a brother or sister. Honestly, I didn't care which. I was just excited to have a sibling. Though I had all my cousins, I wanted my own brother or sister. 

After we spent our breakfast chatting and discussing the new baby, us children had to go to the school for classes. It wasn't far from the castle and I always walked with my cousins to get there, with a guard of course and that guard was usually my father or my uncle Zor or both. 

Upon my mother's insistence, we not only learned about Dyspheria and it's people, but Earth and other planets societies at school too along with the basic school teachings. 

My mother is a human from Earth. I was actually conceived on Earth in the attempt to save my mother and get her away from Earth as a Dyspherian named Syfus was trying to take over. She always told me I saved her life in that respect. 

The walk to school wasn't very long and before we knew it, we were coming up to the large building. It was smaller than the castle but bigger than most other buildings around. 

Once we made it to the school we dispersed to our own directions after saying our goodbyes to our fathers. As we weren't all the same ages, we never really saw each other in school. 

School was a breeze for me as I learned much of the material through my family ahead of time, which made school drag on every single day. I made my way up to the front gate and sighed.  Time for another boring day at school I suppose.