Four- Upcoming Events

The next day I woke up to a cloudy mind. Everything that happened yesterday was a bit of a blur to be honest. There was a chance I'd never have many of the things I'd always dreamed of having. A dragon side, a connection with a mate, love, a family. There was a chance I'd never have any of them. 

I slowly pulled myself out from under the blankets and tossed them to the side. I stood up, curling my toes which caused them to make a slight round of cracks. 

"Lumi! Time to get up, Princess!" I heard my father's voice call for me. 

I sighed and made my way to my bathroom and proceeded with my usual routine. This time, unlike usual, I was slower and groggy. I felt as though my body was already giving up its hope on everything I dreamed of. 

Once I had finished my routine I dressed in gray jeans and a black off the shoulder sweater. I made my way out of my bedroom and down to the breakfast table. 

There were a round of warm good mornings to which I could only reply with a dull, "Morning," before I sat down next to my father. 

"Hey, kiddo. What's wrong? You seem down today," Uncle Zeek asked. I simply gave him a shrug as I picked at my food. 

"Princess, what's going on?" Dad asked, looking down at me with his purple eyes filled with a bit of dark blue signalling he was worried. 

"I'm fine, Dad. Just a bit more tired than usual," I said, giving him a fake smile. I hoped my facade fooled him, and it seemed like it did. 

"Alright," he said before returning to his breakfast. I saw my mother looking worried from across the table as she walked around. She probably figured it out before I even knew she was looking. That always seemed to be her talent. 

Once breakfast was finished we made our way to school. Theo and Thora talked with uncle Zor as we walked the few minute walk to school while Dad and I stayed quiet. My father and I were close most of the time, but for some reason we always found ourselves enjoying the quiet walk to and from school. 

When we arrived at school, I was shocked to see that the principle, Mr. Viro, was standing outside where my father normally drops me off. We approached Mr. Viro with confused looks. 

"Your Highness," Mr. Viro bowed to my father. 

"Please, Xenophon will do fine. Your Highness makes me feel old and uppity," Dad said with a chuckle. 

Mr. Viro was an older dragon with thinning white hair that he combed over and bright purple aged eyes. He was a very peaceful man but he was strict when needed. Everyone respected him and loved him. 

"I wanted to inform you we were having some guests coming to the school," Mr. Viro said, and my father gave him a pleased but confused look. 

"That's excellent, it's good for the children to get some outside knowledge. Who will be coming?" Dad asked. 

"We will be having the lycans Alpha Maddox and Beta Theo tomorrow and next week will be the phoenix King Ignatius and Queen Tatina," Mr. Viro said with a smile. 

"That is going to be wonderful for the kids. I'm curious though, why the need to inform me?" my father said sounding pleased and then confused. 

"It is not the phoenix or lycans I was worried about," Mr. Viro says, sounding nervous to tell my father the next bit. 

"The Hellian King Ozias and Queen Lavina are scheduled to come next week," Mr. Viro informs. 

"The Hellians are coming here?" Zor finally pops in. 

"Yes, specifically to the school. They are coming due to the society class your daughter is in. We invited them because we thought it would be good for them to learn from the outside source themselves, just as the others will be doing," the principal states.