Thirty Eight- Town and Hotel

We fallowed Thane and Azar into their kingdom, and like a gorgeous geode it opens up into rock ledges and a whole little village. Their kingdom was small and humble, but it was gorgeous. 

Thea stayed close to Xavian which still melted my heart every time I saw it. I think his size alone made her feel comfortable, like he was a giant guardian. I suppose in a way, he was. 

I had been in the phoenix kingdom many times in my life, and every time it seemed even more beautiful. I looked over to Xavian and a butterfly began to flutter inside of me. This was our first trip willingly together. I did not expect anything to happen of course, but perhaps it would be a way for us to grow together. I think the connection we had made the hope of that prospect seem higher. 

Uncle Thane and Aunt Azar showed us around their town, which honestly only had simple businesses and a lot of their supplies was brought in. I know because my father personally assures they have enough supplies and food, and often sends over what they need. 

The town consisted of small buildings and shops along the stone paths. It was a scaled down version of the town our own kingdom had. Phoenix roamed the streets, all smiling and waving at the group of dragons touring through. 

Most of Dyspheria in general was like that. The lycans, phoenix and dragons all worked together and maintained a peaceful planet. 

The only place on the entire planet you did not want to end up was the wyvern territory. They were very similar to the dragons of our kingdom, but when they shifted into their true form they didn't have upper limbs. Instead, they made up for it with venomous bites, bigger jaws filled with dagger like teeth, and immense size. Even in their human like form they were absolutely giant. 

I saw a picture of their king once side by side with my father and the man easily towered over my father. Our kingdoms had a treaty that we'd leave them alone and they would do the same. The only thing they requested was that in the case that they needed help because of their remote location, that we do what we could to help. Of course my parents and grandparents had no problem with this. 

"Alright, gather around," I hear Viro call out. The students did as they were told and swarmed their principal. 

"King Thaneous and Queen Azar have graciously offered us rooms in their hotel. I have assigned your rooms. Please look at the list here and take the assigned key for your rooms. If you're in grades  one through five, your chaperone will be walking you to your rooms and keeping touch with you. We will be having dinner in the hotels banquet hall and then you will be allowed to do as you please. Be respectful to their property! Thank you," Viro instructs and the swarm of students takes their keys. 

The hotel matched most of the other structures around. Large, stone, and solid. It was not too decorated, just simply designed with the rocks and made to look very rustic. 

As expected, Xavian and I got a room of our own on the top floor of the hotel. I am sure this was the work of Uncle Thane. 

"Ready?" Xavian asks me, looking down on me with his dark purple eyes. I nod and we group with the children and help them to their rooms. Thea was placed in a room with a classmate and she told us she was fine being left alone for a bit while we went to our room. 

We walked up the stairs and arrived to our room, which was actually the penthouse. We opened the door and my eyes widened at the beautiful sight. 

The floor was made of stone but had swirled designs made of small rocks. There was a luxurious sofa and chairs, along with a full kitchen off to the left. The kitchen had white marble counter tops and white wooden cupboards.  There was a wrap around bar  with two bar stools that was on the right side of the kitchen and a small kitchen table in the middle. 

The bathroom was huge as well, and it had a large hot tub bath in the corner that was made of stones. The toilet was in the opposite corner as the bathtub and had a small stall and its own door. There was a large mirrored sink to the left as well, and of course it was made of stone. 

The bedroom was more simple. It only had a bed with leafy designs on it. The bed was in the middle of the wall with two end tables on either side. There was a small closet to the left, where we stuck our bags for the time being. 

Everything was so rustic and almost felt like being in nature just by standing in it. 

"This place is amazing," I comment. 

"This whole kingdom is," Xavian notes. 

"We have an hour before dinner. Shall we relax for a while?" I ask. 

"I won't argue with that logic," Xavian says with a chuckle and he tosses his shoes off to the side and flops onto the couch. I laugh at his antics, and do the same and I land on the chair. 

One thing I did note was the lack of a second bed in the room. Either someone had to sleep on the couch, or we'd have to share the bed that we had. 

I was already unsure of my feelings towards Xavian, but I was not going to deny our chemistry and connection. The bond we shared begged me to share the bed with him, but my scars from what he had done prior to coming to Dyspheria left me in a bit of a confused state. 

"What is the plan for after dinner?" Xavian asks. 

"I figured we'd probably have to fallow some children around for a while. They have to be in their rooms by sun down, but we are allowed to be out after that. Maybe we could do some exploring," I say giving a small shrug at my suggestion that we go off in the night alone. Xavian sits forward, resting his elbows on his legs and clasping his hands together. 

"I think I would enjoy that. Spending a night with the most beautiful creature on the planet alone. How could I say no?" he says, his voice dropping. 

I feel my body heat up at his suggestive tone, but I quickly shake any dirty thoughts away. There was no way I would let him try anything, and I'm sure he was just messing with me with the connection's power, or at least that is what I hope.