Seventeen- Mate

I sat alone in my room, my mind wrapped in thoughts. Somehow, Xavian's words were far more painful than anyone else's ever have before. As soon as I closed my guest room door behind me I felt a ball grow in my throat and tears begin to spring to my eyes. His words rung like a headache pounding against my skull.

The worst part was, I thought he was right. I had always felt weak and useless, and now he was only confirming my suspicions. It hurt more than I could ever imagine. 

I sat against the bed on the floor and let the tears fall. The warm wet drops rolled down my reddened cheeks as I let my emotions run freely. 

I had always felt like a fuck up, like an abomination as Xavian called me. I love my parents and I am proud of them, but maybe  I was not meant to be created. Perhaps two words were not meant to come so closely together as Earth and Dyspheria had. 

I began to hear thundering footsteps coming in the direction of my room and I quickly rubbed away my tears and ran to the bathroom. I turned on the shower water, hoping if someone knocked they would hear it and go away. I looked up at myself and saw what I felt inside. A crying, weak little girl, too small to belong to the world I was born too, too weak to even exist in it. 

As I suspected, a loud banging came to the front door. I quietly closed the door to the bathroom to make it more believable in case whoever was at the door managed to get into my room. I continued to wipe my tears, not wanting to see them anymore than feel as I felt inside. 

A loud crash came from the other room, and I knew the door must have been broken down based on the volume of the noise. My heart began to beat faster as I absolutely did not want anyone to see me in such a state. As I expected to happen, a pounding fist began to beat on the bathroom door. 

"Luminara! Open this door!" a familiar deep voice roared. My heart sank as I knew it was last person I wanted to see behind the black door. 

"I'm showering! Go away!" I managed to yell out, my voice only slightly cracking as it often did after a breakdown. 

"You're lying. The water is not hitting anything but the shower floor. Open up!" Xavian yelled out. 

Panic began to set in. I did not want to see him, and I did not want him to burst through that door. I began to look around the room for a solution, and thankfully my eyes fell upon a bathroom window. Gratefully, I knew we were not too high up and a jump from this high would not cause any injury. I ran to the window, but as soon as I slid it open the bathroom door burst open with a loud slam. 

"Luminara, do not even think about it," Xavian warned. I turned around, but my pitiful looking face was replaced with a smirk of defiance. I quickly turned and went for the window, but I only managed to get two limbs out before I was being dragged back into the building by two strong hands. 

"Let me go!" I screamed as loud as I could, hoping someone else would hear. I continued to scream until a large hand was placed over my mouth and I was dragged into the bedroom. Just as he let go of me, Raegar came running to the room, eyes blacker than I have ever seen on a person. 

"Did he hurt you?" he asked, rushing up to me. His eyes remained black but his features looked that of worry. 

"If you consider busting two doors down and dragging me back through the window I was about to jump out of hurting me, yes," I said rolling my eyes. Raegar pulled me into a hug and I returned his embrace, a smile forming on my lips at the comfort he brought me. A growl sounded from behind us, and we let go of one another and faced Xavian. 

"What is your problem?" I growled out at the king. "You growl every time I hug Raegar, and I'm getting quite tired of your antics. Honestly, I'm quite tired of even being on the same planet as you!" I yell at him.