Twenty Five- Home and Hiding

The trip back to Dyspheria did not take long at all, and before we knew it we were entering the atmosphere of my home.

"So this is Dyspheria?" Kaedian asks, his voice sounding full of wonder as he watches out the window.

"Yep. We made it," I say with a relieved sign.

"It won't take long for my brother to come. He knows where we are going. We can't stay long in your father's kingdom, Lumi. We have to stay in hiding for a while," Raegar says as he pilots.

"I know. Let's just get to my father and then we can discuss a good place to lay low," I say.

The excitement of being home had my heart pounding. I could not wait to be in the arms of my parents and extended family. I missed them all, and the ache in my heart just wanted to be with them.

The ship comes to a clunky landing on one of my father's landing strips. I could feel my excitement rise as I knew they would be waiting just outside the doors.

"You ready?" Raegar asks and I nod quickly. Raegar pushes a button on the ship and the door opens with a hiss as the air lock releases.

As expected, my family awaits me. My whole family. My mother and father rush over first and I run to them. They swoop me into the warmest hug I have ever had.

"We missed you so much," my mother says as she begins to cry.

"I missed you too," I whisper back. I step back to see my parents and even my father has tears down his cheeks and into his stubble. He looks passed me and to Raegar and Kaedian. He steps around me and towards the men who helped me escape Hellian.

"You two," he begins. "I do not know how to thank you for helping Luminara," he says, genuine gratuity within his voice.

"It's not over yet, King Xenophon. My brother is relentless, and it won't be long before he comes looking for his mate," Raegar states.

"He's right, Xen. We need to get them all to a secure location," my mom says as she wipes her tears from her green eyes.

"I think I know where to hide them," Aunt Mia steps forward, a smirk on her face.

"You're a genius Mia! The lycans would gladly help them. Or the phoenix," my mom says.

"I don't think Xavian would expect you to be hiding anywhere at this point. If we could convince him you went to another planet besides home then we will be in the clear for a while," Raegar states.

"I will handle that. Mia, take them to the lycans. Inform Alpha Maddox of the situation. Be sure he knows the complete dangers Xavian poses," my father says, his voice deep and firm as he instructs my aunt on what to do.

"I will go with them," Zor says as he steps forward and places a hand around Mia.

"I would expect nothing less, Zor," my dad says.

My mother steps forward and once more wraps her arms around me. She kisses my head before she makes her way to Raegar and Kaedian.

"Thank you for all you two have done. Keep my baby girl safe a little longer," she says to the two before she hugs them both.

"You have our word," Kaedian says with a smile.

"I wish we could spend more time together, but I fear Xavian will come sooner than anticipated. We need to get you three to a safe place and quickly. We can stay in touch once you're safe," my father says and we nod.

Once more I am pulled into hugs and kisses, before I make a round to my cousins and aunts and uncles.

Mia and Zor say their goodbyes to their children, giving them the same affection my parents gave me. I feel an ache in my chest as we begin to walk away from my parents, but I know inside it will not be long until I can see them once more. With my new freedom I will be able to communicate with them as well, which helps my anxiety of leaving settle.

I think about my mate, and what will happen when he finds me and his brother and Kaedian. I know if he catches me, I will be locked away for my lifetime. Perhaps he will force himself on me to produce an heir, and never tell our child I am alive. It hurts to think he would cause me such pain, but he already has and I am convinced there is no way he would not continue to hurt me. Xavian has no heart for me, and I am sure he does not have much of one even for his family.

I hold out hope that I can connect with another man, one who will love me. If I can find a new connection,  then I will be free from Xavian. If I am mated, he will have no use for me and perhaps he will leave me be.

We begin our short journey to the land of the lycans. Certain portals can be opened and are a quick source of travel. We make our way to the forests near the kingdom where a portal to the lycan territory remains open due to the close relationships we have with them.

We make it to the portal and like a door, we walk through. The portal causes a slight light headed feeling but it dissipates as soon as we are through.

The portal spits us out in the thick of the lycan forests. It is not long before the scout stops us.

"Who are you and why are you in our territory?" a voice speaks before he steps out of the forest. He is a tall and burly lycan, his hair a long and thick brown. Mia steps forward and the lycan immediately relaxes.

"Mia," he says.

"Hello, Theran," she says with a smile.

"What brings you back here? Who and what have you brought with you?" he asks curiously looking at us.

"I have come to see Alpha Maddox. These are Princess Luminara Dracus, Prince Raegar Indominus of Hellian, and Kaedian who is also a Hellian, and least but not least my mate, Zor," she explains. He simply nods and motions for us to follow him without a word.

We trek through the forests and trails until the scene opens up to the primitive looking village of the lycans. Immediately all eyes are on us and Beta Theo approaches us.

"Welcome back, Mia and Zor," he says before turning and bowing slightly to me. "Princess Luminara," he says curtly. "Alpha has been expecting you all. We got the message from King Xenophon that you were on your way," he says with a smile as he turns and begins to lead us to the pack house where the alpha would be.

We are lead into the house and through to the office of Alpha Maddox. We are greeted with a smile and the alpha of the lycans.

"Welcome! It's been some time since we were all together. Xenophon said you'd be here soon. What's the urgent situation he spoke of?" Maddox asks and Zor speaks up.

"Luminara is in danger. All three of them are now. When visiting Hellian, Luminara found her mate; the king, Xavian Indominous. The laws there state that a mate must stay with their other due to the fact that they only get one and can not reproduce without their destined mate. Xavian kept Luminara against her will and mentally abused her. Thanks to these two she escaped but now he will come for her," Zor explains.

"Say no more. We have a vacant house with a secure bunker behind it. It should provide you with plenty of protection, as will my pack," Alpha Maddox says. "Welcome to the pack," he says with a smile.