Twenty Three- Last Day In Hell

It has been a month since I had come to Hellian. I no longer left my room, and I felt the darkness seeping into me each day. Darkness, hate, and pain. I missed my family more than anything in the world, and I found myself crying myself to sleep every night. I was breaking more and more each day, but I knew the end of my stay here was fast approaching. 

Raegar did keep in touch. He would send letters to my room with Raegar during meal times as I decided by week two I was no longer going to appease the asshole king of this place by attending dinners or any meals with the family. 

Apparenlty his excuse to his parents was I was homesick and wanted to be alone. It must have worked because nobody has come to check on me besides Kaedian who brought me food. I had been informed though, that yesterday was my last meal in my room and Xavian would bring me down himself. 

I grew anxious to think of what kind of painful words he would bring tonight, as I had done a fine job avoiding him for the past few weeks. Thankfully, I would soon be off of this planet. 

Kaedian, Raegar and I had a plan set, and today would be my last day here. Tomorrow, Kaedian would come retrieve me for breakfast, but we would never actually attend. We would meet Raegar on a ship, a small private one that the royal family owned. We would have to act fast, and be as cautious as possible. There was no way we would not sound the alarms, so the quicker we got to the ship the better. 

The ship was parked in a garage around the back of the castle, meaning we would have to sneak through the entire building to get to it, which would absolutely be the hardest part. 

In the end, we would all be criminals in Hellian law. I had spoken to my father through his dream contact and he said that he would harbor Raegar and Kaedian for their assistance in helping me get home. On Dyspheria, the law is that everyone is free to make their own choices, meaning in my own law I would not be a criminal, but I knew Xavian would not let me go easily. 

All that I had to do now was wait for the brooding asshole to come up and collect me for my last meal here and I could go about my night preparing for the run of a lifetime. Well second run of a lifetime, as the number one was running from the colossal beast in the black desert on my second day here. 

The evening came quicker than I had hoped. Well I hoped it would never come, but alas it did and soon enough a heavy knock came to my door. I groaned as I climbed off of my bed and walked over to the door. I closed my eyes and took a breath before opening the door. 

As expected, the tall brooding king of Hellian stood at my door. He wore his usual all black attire, nothing fancy as he normally dressed down for casual dinners with the family. 

"Yes?" I questioned, somehow hoping he was not forcing me to attend dinner. 

"I know you have not been eating dinner for around two weeks now. You are to come down and attend the meal as a proper mate should," he spoke with coldness in his voice. 

"Very well," I said with no hesitation. The look in his eyes seemed to say he was surprised at my obedience, but then again he had no idea what was to come. 

"Come," he said, stepping aside and gesturing his arm out for me to step into the hall and follow him to the dining area. 

We walked in silence side by side, no words to be spoken as I knew if I spoke I would not be able to stop myself from venting out all of my hate and emotions. 

As we turned the corner towards the dining area, our arms briefly brushed against one another's and a pleasureful fire burned my skin and a warmth filled my body like a wave. I slight gasp left my lips at the feeling of contact, and I stopped in my tracks. Xavian too stopped, looking me over for a moment. I saw a strange flicker of emotion for a split second, an emotion I had yet to see come from the cold king, but as fast as it came it left. 

"Come along," he said, turning and walking once more. I grazed my fingers over the area we had touched before scampering along to catch up with the tall man. 

Finally, we had made it to the dining area and when we walked in, I saw the faces of Lavina, Ozias and Raegar brighten a bit. Xiomara stayed neutral, but I could tell she was glad to see me alive as well. 

"Luminara! I'm so glad Xavian got you to come out! We have missed you," Lavina spoke with a warm smile. 

"I missed you guys too. I just needed some personal time to adjust is all. I have been feeling better and better each day," I lied. 

"Wonderful! Please, sit," Ozias spoke with a smile as warm as Lavina's. 

Xavian and I sat at the head of the table and the food was brought out. I caught a few glimpses of Raegar smiling in my direction, but to keep our plan under no suspicion I only gave him a light smile back. 

However, I did feel two burning eyes on me coming from Xavian as we ate and chatted around the dinner table. His eyes kept flickering down to look at me as I ate my meal. He thought that I had not eaten as much as I had, and I assume he thought I was weakened and wanted to make sure I ate. Having a starving mate would look bad on his part of course, and he needed to keep his reputation.

"Luminara, have you spoken to your father at all?" Ozias questioned. I knew I could not tell him about my father's gift and his dream visits, so I lied once more. 

"No, I have not. He would feel terrible knowing how homesick I have been and I really do not want to worry him or any of my family," I cover for myself and the old king nods. 

"Ah, I see. You are welcome to use one of our communication devices whenever you wish, dear," Ozias said with a smile. 

"Thank you. I will keep that in mind," I say with a facade of a smile. 

Dinner was quick and much easier than I had expected. I smiled at Raegar and flashed him a wink to signal that our plan was still on. 

Only a few more hours and I would be free from this literal Hell. I would be free from Xavian, and free to find another connection on Dyspheria. Excitement and anxiety built up within me, but I was sure we would be able to pull this plan off. I was ready to go home.