Twenty Two- Truth Hurts

Raegar was possibly the sweetest being on the face of this planet. From the time he brought my food in to the time where he had to return to his own room, we never stopped laughing. He truly cared and that was one thing I would hold onto while I was here, as my so called mate honestly would not care if I was dragged off into the forest and eaten. 

We were smiling and saying our good nights to one another and giving warm hugs to each other when the deadliest growl erupted from the hall. We both whipped our heads towards the cause and my heart sank and my eyes grew wide. 

Xavian stood in the darkness, his eyes an angry black. He growled again and took a step forward, putting him in direct light of the moon shining through the window. 

"Getting a bit cozy are we?" he said, a sinister smile on his face. "I should have known you were a whore," he spoke with venom. 

Honestly, I was not concerned with him being angry or calling me vile names, but I was worried he would find out our plan. I needed Raegar, he was my escape route and one of the few I trusted on his hell planet. 

"Don't you dare speak to her like that!" Raegar stepped in, his body shaking with anger as he stepped in front of me. 

"You know, cheating on your mate is punishable by death to both parties," Xavian states, a devilish smile etched onto his face. 

"Please, do kill me. I would much rather die by your hand than live by your side in this facade you call a mating," I growl out. 

"Well I for one do not want to die. Nothing of a romantic sort has happened, brother. I was simply checking in on her," Raegar states firmly, keeping his eyes trained on his angry brother. Xavian's eyes turn to me and I roll mine. 

"Is it true?" Xavian asks me, his anger lessening. 

"Yes. Nothing inappropriate happened between your brother and I. Pitty. Now I will die a virgin and still have to live with the most vile creature in the universe," I say with a dramatic sigh. 

A roar like growl fills the air and Raegar steps to the side, giving Xavian full access to me. Xavian storms over and grabs my jaw with one hand firmly, making me look him in the eyes. I give him the hardest glare I can before he growls at me and begins to speak. 

"You will not touch any male but me! Are we clear?" he roars in my face. I do not answer and he continues his attack. "You are mine and only mine!"  he growls with his teeth clamped together. 

"I would rather stick my hands in a vat of acid than touch you," I spit back. He roughly releases my jaw by shoving it away slightly. I reach my hand up to rub it, knowing based on his firm grip a slight bruise will form in its place. 

Though I loath the creature by the name of Xavian Indominous, the fact that my mate would physically leave a bruise on me without a thought hurt me somehow. Inside, I knew I would return to my room and cry for a bit before finding a restless sleep. I wanted nothing more than to escape this monster.

"You are no longer permitted to come anywhere near her room," Xavian growled at Raegar, turning his attention to his younger brother. 

"I'm sure glad I don't have a mate like you," Raegar muttered before he began to walk off. 

"Not like it is possible seeings that your mate is dead," Xavian said in spite and my mouth dropped at the comment he dared to make towards his brother. Raegar stopped in his tracks and turned around slowly. 

"At least my mate never wanted to die. Your mate would probably gladly kill herself to rid her life of you. I'm not a monster. You are," Raegar spoke out before turning once more and leaving the hall. 

I noticed Xavian's face fall a bit, not in anger but in hurt. For a moment, his stone cold face looked as though he cared that I hated him so much. A moment of silence passes before Xavian finally speaks. 

"Go to bed," he spoke in a low tone, not moving from his position. 

"Gladly," I muttered to myself as I turned and walked to my bedroom and opened the door.

"Is it true?" Xavian's voice spoke again just before I closed the door, his cold face now looking in my direction. 

"Is what true?" I asked, confused as to what he was referring to. 

"You want to end your life because you are here with me?" he asked, his eyes examining my own. I took a minute to think of how to answer his question. 

"Perhaps it has not gotten to that point yet, but at the moment there is no reason for me to want to live in this situation right now. The only thing I am living for is the hope that someday I might be freed from you," I state before I gently close the door behind me and make my way off to my bed. 

I sit down on the bed and as if a switch was flipped, my anger towards Xavian turns to hurt and sadness. Tears begin to flow freely as I close my eyes and softly sob. 

I feel helpless and alone and slowly he is taking everything I love away on top of trapping me here. What kind of horrible monster of a mate would do that to anyone especially his own mate?

A darkness seems to be growing inside of me as the days pass and I am without my family. The only way I see anyone other than the Hellian family and their staff is when my father visits me in my dreams. I still hold hope inside my chest that I will escape, but sometimes the darkness grows to be too much and I loose what holds me together. Times like this, where I feel completely alone and like I am drowning in my misery. 

I open my eyes and the tears continue, but it is at this moment I make a realization. He is breaking me slowly. Being on Hellian in a perpetual state of loneliness is breaking me.  A fear builds within me that some day I may just give up, but the memories of my family and friends hold me together for now.