Fifteen- Repair

My eyes instantly began to well with tears, blurring my vision of the three Hellian royals in front of me. Before I knew it, warm arms were wrapped around my body and I knew Raegar was the owner of the strong limbs. After letting a few moments pass, I pull away and wipe the tears away from my eyes which I am positive were glowing purple at this point. 

"I thought I would never see you again," I say, shaking my head. Raegar chuckles looking down upon me. I notice the boy who was once my short term playmate was now a man, all his features more masculine and defined. His hair white with shimmers of gold undertone was styled similar to as it had been years ago, slightly slicked back and short. His eyes had deepened with maturity and his baby cheeks had gone away. His face was now similarly shaped as Xavian and their father's but it still had a softness to the edges. 

"I know the feeling. On a positive note, now you're on my planet like we always wanted!" he says with a smile and a chuckle. I can not help but let my own laughter spill across my lips. 

"I suppose you are right," I say with a smile. I take a moment to look around and see the other two Hellians are Xavian and his father, Ozias. 

Ozias had aged a bit, but like most shifters he had only gained a few age lines. Shifters tend to age very gracefully and slowly as we have a longer lifespan than humans. He looked the same as he had years ago, hair and all. 

"Thank you all for saving me," I said honestly. I felt a bit pitiful among the group of shifters, knowing I would never be as powerful. I felt helpless really, and that was a feeling I did not like. 

"I feel like it is becoming a commonality for me to save your life. This is the second or third time after all," I hear Xavian's smooth deep voice course through the air, making my cheeks blush and I quickly look down. This is followed by a round of laughter by anyone except me, as his comment only makes me feel even more weak than I already had. 

As if to save the moment from my awkward feelings, footsteps approach us quickly. I look up to see Xiomara and Lavina rushing towards us. 

"What happened?" Lavina says with worry in her voice, looking around at the group of us. I could not bear to look up at her, so I kept my eyes on the black rocky ground. 

"Kaedian lead Luminara too far out and one of the colossal beasts chased them. Unfortunately, Luminara was the slower of the two of them but we got to her in time," Ozias spoke to his wife. I finally dragged my eyes off of the ground and up to the beautifully aged woman. She was just as beautiful as she was before, almost nothing changed aside from her hair was now a bit shorter than I recalled. 

"Oh dear, are you alright?" I felt her gentle hands grab my shoulders. I gave her a soft smile and nodded. 

"I am fine," I stated softly. Everyone's eyes suddenly began searching my body and all of them landed on my bleeding legs. I had honestly forgotten about them. I look down to see my pants ripped to shreds and a warm trickle of blood still running down several deep scratches. 

A low growl sounds through the air, and all eyes whip to Xavian. His face shows his anger and his dark purple eyes are almost black now. I swallow hard as I look at the angered king, unsure of what has caused his outburst. 

"Sister, take her to the medical wing and get her cleaned up," he growls out before storming away. I watch as his tall strong figure quickly makes its way away from us. 

I look up to the others, all with faces of confusion with the exception of one. Lavina's lips are curled into a knowing smile and she looks over to me, continuing to keep her expression.  

"Come," Xiomara, or Xia as I remember once calling her, places a hand on my shoulder. I give her a nod and begin to walk towards the castle with her. My father quickly makes his way to my side and the three of us make our way into the large dark castle.