Ten- The Incident

"Luminara!" the roar came again.

I clamped my hand over my mouth, keeping myself quiet. Raegar gave me a look, saying we should just come out but I shook my head. I heard the large wings of my father's dragon take flight, clearly looking for me on the roof.

I began to crouch back a bit more, but my foot slipped. My heart jumped and I grabbed onto the pillar, but lost my grip. Raegar's hand swung towards me, missing my finger tips by a hair. I was going to fall, there was no doubt about it. My body slid off the side of the roof as I hung onto the ledge for dear life.

My face was now trickled with sweat, I closed my eyes as my muscles began to burn. I let out a small scream as my hand began to slip, which caused Raegar to yell as well.

"Lumi!" he yelled. He panicked, stretching his arm to me but it was no help as he was clinging on as well. "Hang on! Don't let go!" he yelled.

I wish his words would've made me stronger, but instead I seemed to slip even more.

"Fuck!" I screamed. My fingers slipped and all that could hold on with was my finger tips. My eyes flashed up to Raegar's when the moment came and I let go, the sweat making my fingers slip off of the edge.

I shut my eyes hard, knowing what was to come when I hit the ground. I felt the wind blow against my back as I fell. I couldn't even scream I was falling so fast.

Suddenly a gust of wind flew around me, and I felt two strong arms holding me bridal style. My eyes kept themselves shut, unable to open. For a moment I thought I had just hit the ground and didn't feel it, and the arms around me were whatever force there was to bring me to the other side.

"Luminara!" I heard my mother's voice coming from a short distance.

My eyes flickered open, and I finally saw who's arms I was in. I had expected it to be those of my father's but they were not. I gazed up at dark purple and blue swirled eyes. Once again, Xavian had saved me. My cheeks began to burn with heat and I squirmed in his arms, making him set me down.

"You reckless, inconsiderate little..." my mother tapered off as she stormed towards me, pulling me into a worry filled hug.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I'd fall," I said quietly.

"Don't you ever do that again! From now on, all the windows are going to be spelled so you cant even reach an arm out of them!" she yelled while hugging me.

"I deserve that," I say.

"Where's Raegar?" I heard Xavian ask.

"He was with me up there," I said. Xavian's wings flung out and he flew himself up to the roof once again. A moment later, he came flying down, this time hugging his brother.

I rushed over to Raegar who instantly pulled me into a tight hug.

"What the fuck were you two thinking?" Xavian growled.

"I would like to know the same thing," my father's voice spoke, much louder and angrier than Xavian's. For some reason, Xavian let out another low growl, this time directed at my father.

I broke my hug with Raegar and stood quietly and awkwardly. We knew we had messed up big time, or rather I had messed up big time. 

"We were just looking at the sunset," I said quietly, looking to the ground, avoiding the angry gaze of Xavian and my father. 

"How many times did I tell you to stay the hell of the roof? Why can't you listen?" my father roared at me before turning his gaze to Raegar. 

"And you! You probably encouraged it! I knew you were a bad influence!" he yelled at Raegar. 

A loud roar came from behind us as King Ozias stepped forward. 

"Don't you dare speak to my son in that tone!" Ozias growled at my father causing my father to growl angrily at Ozias. 

"This is my kingdom and my land. If I see it fit to yell at your spawn I will. Not to mention he almost got her killed!" my father yelled at Ozias who roared loudly and angrily in defense. 

"Get the hell off my planet before I make you," my father growled lowly, his eyes darkening in anger. 

Ozias and my father had a stand off, glaring at one another. Without moving his angry glare off my father, Ozias spoke. 

"Gather your things. We leave tonight," Ozias said flatly before turning and walking away. 

My mother shook her head and walked away, disappointment covering her face. My father glared angrily at me. 

"I'll deal with you later," he said flatly before fallowing my mother away. 

Xavian said not a word, but spared me a single glance  before he too disappeared around the castle. I turned to look at Raegar who had the saddest hurt expression on his face. 

"I'm sorry, Rae," I said softly, tears spiking my eyes. 

"Forget it. It's over," he flatly replied before leaving me standing by the large castle wall alone, tears now streaming down my face. 

I stood there for a long time, thinking about everything that had transpired. It was my fault that the Hellian and Dyspherian kingdoms were no longer at peace. I ruined a friendship with my recklessness. I hurt my parents and angered them. 

I slowly made my way around the side of the castle, peeking out enough to see the backs of the Hellian royals walking away. Raegar looked back for a moment, hurt evident in his eyes. Then Xavian, who followed his brother's gaze over to where I stood around the corner. Xavian's face looked a bit angry, but only a hint. 

Before anyone else could look back at me, I slipped around the corner, hiding myself away from the eyes of the leaving family. I had ruined it all. At this point, I didn't even care what punishment awaited me. 

The only thought that was on my mind was if I would ever see the Hellian princes again, both Raegar my friend and Xavian, my savior.