Upon Meeting Him

Dreamy. The only way I could describe George Shelley was dreamy. His eyes just shimmered in the light of the school hall way. He was one of the cool boys though, someone all the girls fancied. Always falling to their feet every time he looked at them. It was just pathetic. Unlike them, I could keep my needs private. I don't think anyone knows I like George, except me and my all time best friend Lizzy. I tell her everything.

Its sometimes depressing how George never noticed me. I don't even think he knows i exist. We've sometimes exchanged looks with each other, but we've never had a proper conversation. I wonder what his voice is like. If it sounds as good as his face looks, it must be sexy.

I walked through the hall and saw George sat on the seats with all his friends. I never knew anyone so weird be so gorgeous. I wanted to go and sit with him, yet I couldn't miss my singing practice for the show tomorrow night. I kept staring at him, until he looked up and stared back. He wiggled his eyebrows and made a funny face at me, making me laugh. We both smiled at each other. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. It was him. 'Come meet me at the library, now!' the text read. I remembered that I have my singing lessons but I couldn't go, I needed to talk to George.

Because the students in our school don't do much work, the library is never used. The whole school is convinced our librarian is dead in her office chair, but nobody's brave enough to go in. I saw George stand up and headed to the library. I stood up and followed; I looked over and saw Lizzy look up and wink at me.

I walked into the library to find him stood there. He looked even better close up. "Hey" He said.

"Hey there.... Why did you tell me to come here?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk to you. I believe we've never spoken before. How about we meet tonight at the Coffee Shop down the road? I'll pay." He asked. He could see the smirk creeping in on my face. "I'll take that as a yes then." He kissed me on the cheek and walked off. An even bigger smile formed. It was happening. I was already falling in love with George Shelley, and all it took was a kiss.

I walked through the Coffee Shop door to hear the familiar cling of the bell. George was sat down at a table in the corner of the room with two coffees. I sat down next to him. "Ohhh, my favourite. How did you know?" I smiled gazing into his eyes.

"Wild guess" he replied. I just wanted to grab him and kiss him. There was a silence for about 5 minutes as we drank our coffee, yet it wasn't an awkward silence. It was a nothing needs to be said silence. I looked up from my coffee cup to see him staring at me. "I don't know if anyone's ever said this to you...." he said, breaking the silence, "but you are beautiful." I could feel myself blushing slightly. "And I know you don't believe me, but you are just beautiful. I can't even describe it. That's the bad thing about it" he explained. I felt myself blushing even more.

"George, we've only been talking for a few hours" I replied. He put his hand on mine.

"Charlotte...." he began "I really like you. Like, a lot. I don't think I've ever felt this way about anyone before!" Then we were kissing. Out coffee flavoured lips pressed together. I pulled away and looked outside, rain, heavy rain. "I better go before the rain gets too heavy." I stood up and headed out of the door, only to be followed by George with a giant umbrella. "I'll walk you home" he insisted. We finally reached my house to hear George gasp in shock.

"What?" I asked.

"I live just over the road." He turned and pointed at the house directly in front of mine. He turned back round and kissed me on the cheek. He then whispered in my ear "Come over sometime."