Always Watching

Hi Guys. So I'm finally updating:). I had no idea how many people have read this book. Thank you all for over 200 reads. ~Charlie XXX

I swiped my phone, checking who the messages were from. The user-name read 'hicharl0443'. I held down the name, the pictures showing up on the screen. There was 3 of me in the bath, and 1 of me and George in bed. The last photo was just a black screen which held writing, 'George's a lucky guy'. I felt the anger bubble up in my stomach. I was being stalked.

A few days passed and there were no more messages. I barely touched George, which made him worry more than he does anyway. I wouldn't go outside alone, the furthest i went alone was to the back garden, which was blocked off by a tall hedge surrounding a slightly smaller fence, and that was only to take Olivia out to see the stars. I still haven't told George about being kidnapped, but i know he knows there's something wrong. The nightmares took over my nights sleep, I kept waking in in the night, bathing in my own sweat. It'd gotten so bad that I had to sleep in the spare bedroom on a night, which scared the shit out of me. I hated not having George by my side. He suggested going to a psychiatrist, but i couldn't discuss my issues with a complete stranger, especially these kind of issues. My heart sank every time George walked into his room alone, sleeping alone. We were slowly fading away, so slow we could barely see it happening. I could hear him crying on a night through the wall. I would quietly lie with him on a night after he'd fallen asleep, wrapping his arms around me, but it wasn't enough, it was never enough.

"Charlotte?" George asked, gently pushing me down onto the couch, "Are you sure you're okay?" The care in his voice made me smile. He still cared about me. I nodded, faking a smile. "Please Charlotte!" He demanded, jumping out of his seat, "Tell me what's wrong! I'm sick of this now! Im sick of the lies! There's something wrong and I can tell!"

"There's nothing wrong!" I attempted to reply gently, yet it came out as a loud cry. He lowed himself down next to me, wrapping his arm around me.

"I'm just worried about you. I care so much about you and I want you to know that you can trust me." His hands reached for my cheeks, lifting them up so he could see my face. I was crying, the tears dripping onto his hands. "There's something wrong, isn't there?" I nodded in agreement. He pressed my head against his chest. "Were you in an accident?" He asked. I shook my head, making him sigh.

"Something happened, and I really don't want to talk about it and relive it again." He nodded his head, yet he looked more worried than ever. He then stood up and headed to his bedroom, leaving me to sob into the couch pillow alone.

That night I barely slept. I just paced round my house, making sure all the doors and windows were locked. How could I sleep? I knew I had to go to the police about it but they wouldn't believe me anyway. My whole life was one big mess now because of one stupid bloke.The bushes on the front lawn rustled and the door flap swung open, dropping a note as it did. I couldn't move, what if it was from... him? I knew it was, after I finally got the courage to get the note. The mens cologne was strong, it tickled my nose as i breathed it in. I brought back memories. Memories of the shipping container. Memories of the marks he made. I opened the note. It was written by using letters cut out of a magazine. The 3 words made me shiver, 'I'm always watching'.