Freedom?

I was in a shipping container, my legs chained to a wall. My arms covered in bruises after the abuse off Elliot. At least, i think it's Elliot. I curled up into a ball and began crying to myself. I'd been here almost 3 weeks. 3 weeks with out my baby. I've already almost missed 2 months of her life. Soon she'll start thinking Lizzy is her mother. I cried even harder, my baby won't even know who I am. I reached over and grabbed a rock and etched a line in the wall. I'd been tallying up the days, using a black rock i found in the container. Day 19. I checked my watch, the watch George gave me for my 18th almost a year ago. It was the only thing they didn't take. 3:00pm my watch read. It's time.

The container door opened and a man walked in. I could never see his face as it was so dark. "It's 3 o'clock." The man began, "You know what you've got to do!" I bent over, crying the harder than I have these past few weeks. I felt my pants slip down to my knees, and I was viciously raped. Every time I resisted I was smacked or punched. "Same time tomorrow?." I heard him whisper in my ear. He stood up, pulled my pants up and then walked out of the container, leaving me to lie there, tears dripping onto the floor. I couldn't take it anymore.

I tried to stand up, yet my knees felt weak, and i came tumbling back to the ground. I screamed and threw up everywhere. The doors opened again. I crawled backwards into the corner, trying to get away from the beating I was going to receive. He walked over to me, his hand raised in the air. I wrapped the chain around his legs and tripped him up. He crashed to the ground, the keys for my chain falling out of his pocket. I grabbed them and unlocked the chain on my foot. I was finally free. I stood up, my knees shaking. I put my foot forward, yet i couldn't balance. He started to wake up, so I just ran. I forgot the pain shooting through my body, and I just ran. I was at the docks, only a bus ride from my new home. I looked down at myself. I looked a mess. The service station was only round the corner, it was whether or not I could get there before I was caught.

I managed to grab £20 in the container, so i bought a burger and chips, the first proper meal I've had in weeks. The woman behind the till came and sat down at my table. She was a young woman, probably not even 22 yet. "I know this isn't any of my business, but are you okay sweetheart?" She asked. I shook my head, a tear dripping down my face. "How about I give you a lift home? Don't worry about this old place, you're my first customer in over 2 months. But first of all, lets get you some proper clean clothes. Im Scarlet by the way." I nodded, smiling at her. She went to the back of the service and grabbed some clothes. She threw them over to me and pointed to the ladies room. I stood up and walked in the the bathroom, my walking still not perfect.

"Thank you." I whispered as I came out of the bathroom. I sat back down, finished my meal and was escorted to Scarlet's car. I told her the directions to the house as she drove.

"What are you going to tell your boyfriend?" She asked. I looked at her confused.

"How'd you know I've got a boyfriend?" I asked.

"You're Charlotte Hardy, George Shelley's girlfriend. The one that's been missing for weeks." She replied, "So what are you going to tell him?"

"I'll just say I've been to see my old friends back in Bristol and I would've called him, but my bag was stolen on the way there" By the time I had finished my sentence, we'd already pulled up to my house. "Thanks again, for the clothes and the lift home."

"My pleasure!" She replied. I leaned over to hug her, still thanking her. She hugged me back, her warm touch made me flutter inside. I looked up and saw George stepping out of the door. I got out of the car and waved. He smiled, running over to me.

"Where have you been?" He called.

"In Bristol, seeing my old friends!" I shouted back, winking at Scarlet. She smiled and drove off. I waved at her, then looked back at George, he looked confused, yet happy all the same. "Let's get inside. I wanna see my baby." I said, running inside. I tripped over, making George laugh. "Long car journey." I said laughing back at him, yet crying inside.

"Liv is out with Lizzy and Josh. They took her and Autumn to the park. So we've got the house to ourselves." He explained. He ran over, lifted me off the ground and carried me inside. He dropped my on our bed, and started passionately kissing me on the lips. His hands found their way onto my thigh. I pushed him off aggressively. "Please, don't touch me!" I cried into the duvet.