1. call back home

"BRRRRR-BRRRRR-BRR—!" I smashed my alarm clock, groaning as my bare arm left the warmth of my comforter.

I stretched, my spine cracking in protest, and slipped me feet on the cool wooden floors. I went to the bathroom after grabbing my cellphone to check on any notifications I had from the night before. I had my toothbrush in my mouth as I scrolled past one name that caught my eye.

I spit into the basin sink before pressing play on the voicemail, knowing something serious would be behind it.

"Hello, Aella. I know we haven't been talking much, especially since Isobel... but you know it's important. Multiple people seem to be going after the innocent in this town, and I know how much it means to you. We've been trying to contain it but we could really use your help here in Mystic Falls... I don't know when you'll get this, but please— it's an emergenc—."

When the voice broke off I sighed, wiping my face dry, "Oh, Alaric."

.

After eating an apple and a few grapes, I decided to pack light as I had many of my belongings in Mystic Falls already. I put on a maroon crop top and baggy jean jacket, along with my black ripped jeans and combat boots. I threw my slightly wavy near white hair atop my head in a messy bun. I applied some mascara to my baby blue eyes and clear lip gloss to my pouty lips, mostly for hydration.

I grabbed my duffel bag and also threw in some of my favorite toys, knowing that I would be dealing with some supernatural stuff.

I went over to my night stand and opened my jewelry box, putting on a pair of lapis lazure earrings, along with my family ring on my right hand, and Sera's locket under my shirt.

I passed by my kitchen before zipping straight on back. "Can't forget my tea," I muttered, concerned at my forgetfulness. I love tea.

I grabbed the keys for my motorcycle off the counter and once I was out immediately locked the door. Before driving into the morning, I decided to send a quick text to not leave my friend hanging, let me know where you want to meet.

.

My bum was sore from the few hour ride and I felt a bit peckish once I arrived, but the smile couldn't help but sneak onto my face as I saw the trees of the town I was born in, some of them as old as me or older. As I went deeper into the woods, I made it to the cottage that served as my home for as long as I can remember.

I got off my motorcycle, letting the engine rest, and threw my duffel bag over my shoulder once more, trekking up the paved steps to the house. I took a deep breath, enjoying the floral essence to the air, and waved my ivory hand in a sideways motion. The old wooden door complied, and pried open easily. I went to my room immediately after setting some goodies into the small kitchen, and was tempted to lie on my four poster Victorian styled bed almost immediately. Instead, I chose to set my duffel bag and its belongings where they were meant for, and was quick to leave once more.

I headed to the address Alaric sent me, this time my slim black sunglasses perched on my face as the afternoon sun beamed down onto me. I pulled up to a large state, and was surprised to find that the door was open in my attempt to knock.

I walked on through, assuming my presence was expected, and immediately sensed other supernatural entities. After walking through the large hall, I made it to the living room, where a considerable group gathered.

"Do you guys always leave the doors open for strangers, or am I special?" As the group turns, I rid myself of my sunglasses, sliding them down my top.

"Who is that?" A man who looked to be in his mid twenties said, his voice laid back, but almost alarmed. He was quite the specimen with eyes the color of an icy lake and long tussled obsidian hair.

"Aella!" Alaric exclaimed, a smile pulling onto his lightly bearded face. I ran into his arms, and smelled his familiar scent, kissing his cheek.

"I missed my handsome partner in crime." I winked, before my eyes took in all the others I the room, settling on a familiar looking brunette with brown eyes.

"How the hell is old Ric getting so much action?" Icy blue eyes guffawed.

I promptly ignored him, although I could tell we would definitely get along. "By now I hope my Al has a girlfriend, I've been really cheering for him." I giggle, "My name is Aella Lane. As you all probably know, Al called me here. Said you all could use the help."

A mocha skinned girl with beautifully curled hair stepped forward, her arm stretched out. "I'm Bonnie Bennet."

I knew the trick very well, as I placed my hand in hers in a shake, "It's lovely to meet the resident witch." Her hazel eyes widen a fraction, before she too breaks into a small smile, sensing my energy.

A blonde girl steps forward with attitude, her voice reminding me of my sister's, "My name is Caroline Forbes. We are totes gonna be friends, your style calls to me!" I only giggle, letting her know that I can see that.

"You must be the doppelgänger." I muster, an eyebrow slightly raised as one of the guys steps closer to her, an arm to her back.

The lookalike smiles, despite the discontent look on her lover's face at my recognition, saying, "My name is Elena Gilbert, it's great to have you here."

Icy blue eyes steps forward, his glass of bourbon clanking against the small wooden table as he sets it down in a rush. "Not that introductions aren't boring, but they are oh so boring. What are you to be doing here, gorgeous?" He raises his brow, a small smirk adorning his features.

"Well," I say, "I am similar to your witch." I see many raised eyebrows as Alaric stands next to me. "Witches are servants of nature. I am an Elemental. We are guardians of nature... I just came back to my old home to do my part."

"Hmm," Icy blue smirks, "I'm Damon."

I smirk as well, "Then you must be a Salvatore brother."

His younger brother comes forward, holding onto Elena's arm, "I'm Stefan. Thank you for coming to our aid."

"No matter," I leave my gaze between them and Alaric. "What are we exactly dealing with?"

Damon gulps, "As our crazy psycho ex would have it, an Original."

Damn it all.

......

Hi all!

Please comment and let me know what you think. Votes are also appreciated.

word count: 1156!