3. tea spilled

I bring the steaming portable mug out from my bag, and take a cautious sip, visibly relaxing at the taste.

Elijah is seated opposite to me, a glass of warm blood in his hands. He opted for the hidden stash of the vampires, Rose and Trevor I'm told, who were staying here.

"I've heard about you, you know." Elijah swishes his drink as one would red wine.

"All good things, I hope." I smirk, placing my leather jacket next to me on the couch. It was boiling in this house.

Elijah gives a slight smile, "You are an elemental, but I remember you for being a family friend." Other than the blood that is no doubt stuck under his fingernails, he looks pretty pristine in his suit, which was only missing its handkerchief, no doubt doused in vampire blood someplace about the room.

"Ah, yes. Rebekah and I go way back. She is one of the most honest friends I have ever had."

"Yes, I remember," he nods, "and I also remember that fact that you do not make deals to help individuals... unless it benefits your cause."

I raise a brow, "Well, it's good to know someone's done their homework. I'm afraid that's how all the Lanes work. Our sole purpose is to protect the magic that nature creates to bind us and keep its balance."

"Yes," he purses his lips, "it does seem that you are quite the noble one yourself."

"Well, I just want to know what you want with the doppelgänger. She is just a girl. A human girl that hasn't reached adulthood and is stuck in the limbo of two brothers. A tale of romance really." I curl my thumb along my family ring, "I don't see why we need to antagonize her and make her suffer further."

Elijah gives a firm stare, "She is the doppelgänger, is she not?"

I sigh at the rhetoric. "She is a child. Anyway; why would you want to break a curse concerning giving more powers to the werewolves? I know an Original is able to walk in the sun. What would it serve you?"

He turns his head, and it all clicks for me.

"Unless, this curse is indeed one. Just a different torment. And the person that is tormented is someone you hold dear... family?"

We both stand in our place, and I walk closer to Elijah. "Who are you doing this for?"

Elijah looks back into my eyes with fervor as we stand a foot from one another. "I want justice for my family."

My heart ached at the sincerity of his tone. I thought Rebekah was simply someplace doing her own thing.

"Who are you baiting?" I asked, a new fury storming into my eyes.

"My little brother, Klaus."

.

I was just with Elijah at Mayor Carol Lockwood's house. We were invited in, very easily, and it was slightly concerning as this woman was in part leading a council that supposedly opposed vampires and fought them. I was introducing him as an author, who was doing historical research in Mystic Falls for a new book he was writing.

Boy, did I tell you we didn't have to use compulsion? What the hell is wrong with these people, it's like they are purposefully more gullible.

We were currently at Elena's home. Her aunt Jenna was showing us where the collection of historical books were in the house, again, easily invited in.

I was talking to Jenna about Alaric. I had told her that I was one of his old friends and I had just volunteered to show Elijah about the town since he was a family friend. It was all pretty true. I don't enjoy lying very much, so I try to keep my lies more as half truths.

"Wow," Jenna chuckled, "I cannot believe Alaric was so adventurous back in the day. He's a very serious man."

I smile myself, "Yea, who would have thought, a history teacher?"

"No, but, he's a very good role model. He's a great person, and really helps me with the kids." I placed my hand on her arm and smiled at her and Al's happiness, it was good for them. I knew this was the kind of life that Alaric had wanted for Isobel and himself. Too bad she turned out to be a bloodsucking prick before even having the fangs as an excuse.

I heard footsteps nearing us, and looked around the door, grinning at Elena. Her smile, although reciprocated, was wiped off her face almost immediately as Jenna closed the cupboard and revealed Elijah.

"Perfect timing." Jenna says, handing Elena a box.

"What is this stuff?" Elena mumbles, her mind no doubt racing.

"Your mom's files from the Historical Society. I got roped into helping Mrs. Lockwood and by roped, I mean very excited to participate."

Elijah smiles, "Hey, I'm Elijah."

Jenna continues, "Elijah's in town doing research on Mystic Falls. Aella, who I'm told you've already met, is family friends with him and offered to show him around town."

"It's a pleasure." Elijah and Elena shake hands, as she looks on nervously.

Don't worry, I mouth at her, receiving a small nod.

Jenna interrupts the small awkward silence, "So you're welcome to stay here and rummage through this stuff or Elena and I could help you load it into your car." I let a small cringe come onto my face, remembering how Elijah got his car.

"Or I can get someone to pick it up tomorrow." He suggests, obviously ignoring my face.

"Also a good plan." Jenna nods.

"Thank you so much for inviting me into your home, Jenna; and Elena..." He pauses as he looks at her, "I hope to see you again sometime soon."

He walks out, and Elena grabs onto my wrist, rushing upstairs to Jeremy's bedroom. She knocks on the door but Elijah, who swooshed up here, grabs her wrist. Jeremy opens the door and Elijah hides next to the door, motioning with a finger to his lips that Elena not tell Jeremy that he's there. I stand apprehensively, with my arms to my sides.

"What is it?" Jeremy asks Elena.

"Um," she thinks, "I just wanted you to meet Alaric's friend, Aella."

I smile, and shake his hand, telling him Alaric told me about him.

He smiles, "Anything else?" he asks Elena.

Elena smiles uneasily, "Jenna was just asking me to get you to help her with the boxes."

With an okay, Jeremy pushes past us and around us to go downstairs, leaving Elijah unnoticed.

"A wise choice." Elijah says.

"What do you want?" Elena hisses, and I raised an eyebrow. Damn. She's feisty.

"I think it's time we all had a little chat."

......

Hey all!

I hope your day has gone great! I know my updates are short but it's been a while since I've written anything and so I wanna take it slow. I'm surprised I've been updating everyday so far but I'll take it! Hah. Anyway, I'm annoyed at how everyone in the show is. I'm kinda basing Aella's reaction to some stuff that the others say based on honestly my own. Like I'm just watching the show as I write, and I'm pulling my hair out. Anyway, sorry for my tangent.

Comment your thoughts and vote if you liked it!

word count: 1225!