7. serial killer jitters

Here we go again.

I look down at my outfit, almost to calm myself. In my rush of getting ready this morning, I simply threw on a red dress with a sweetheart neckline and my black leather jacket along with my usual combat boots.

 In my rush of getting ready this morning, I simply threw on a red dress with a sweetheart neckline and my black leather jacket along with my usual combat boots

At least Bonnie's death last night was merely temporary and I didn't have to deal with the repercussions of loosing someone on the job. I hate feeling weak, and I know that that was exactly what little brother Nik was hoping to get out of me. I was irritated but I wouldn't show it. At least he didn't know what I was. Probably assumed I was a witch, which lets me have a few more tricks up my sleeve.

My motorcycle keys jingled in my hand, which felt jittery. I guess facing a complete psychopath can do that to you.

I knocked on the door, "Niklaus," I singsonged.

The door swung open, and Niklaus' warlock Maddox walked out, "I'll be back as soon as I can."

Niklaus, unfortunately still in my friend's body replied, "Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I get."

I rolled my eyes, walking in and letting Niklaus close the door behind me.

I'm not surprised as I see and hear Katherine, "Where is he going?"

The drama queens enjoy each other's company, I suppose.

She holds out her coffee for Klaus, and I take it, swishing the drink in my mouth.

Niklaus glares at me before turning to her, "To retrieve me. So I can get out of this bad hair-do."

I scoff, "Al has beautiful hair."

Katherine ignores me, "Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus?"

He responds, "Well, the full moon is almost upon us," and places the moonstone on the table. He continues, ignoring my loud sip, "I've killed the witch, I have the moon stone, and the doppelgänger is waiting in the wings. Ohh, I am ready to break this curse."

Katherine can't keep her mouth shut, "And why would you do that here? There's so many people that would try to stop you."

Niklaus responds, "Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelgänger."

Katherine looks mildly surprised, "I didn't realize that was a requirement."

I continue getting my fill of caffeine, basking in the scene unfolding before me. I even sat on one of the stools, placing my right leg under me.