12. blood squeamish

Icy eyes, you truly are one of a kind. I hit send on my phone after finding it stashed in Niklaus' jacket, and put it back where he thought he hid it.

I sent Damon the message just in case he wouldn't make it.

I looked at the ground next to me, Stefan is still on the floor. Niklaus has a glass of blood in his hands and crouches down to speak to him. Katherine gives me a worried glance before looking at them.

Niklaus starts to speak again, "I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades. When he was off, he was magnificent. 1917, he went into Monterrey and wiped out an entire migrant village..."

At this, I wince. "There is nothing magnificent about losing control of oneself, and thwarting the lives of countless souls."

Nik, as per usual, ignores me, "A true ripper. Sound familiar?"

I snort, at the way Niklaus says rippah, trying to hold back my laughter, as it's probably not the best time for it.

Stefan musters up, "I haven't been that way in a very long time."

I look at him, proud.

Niklaus shrugs, standing behind my still sitting body, "Well, that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent that I can use when I leave this town."

Stefan gets up, and Niklaus says, "Katerina, come here."

Katherine seems to think it over, I realize she must have taken vervain, and gets closer. He takes her arm, and face changes, his eyes glowing yellow before he bites her.

Katherine instantly screams in pain and desperation, "Aah! Aah!" And continues, feeling sorry for herself, "No. No...No. No. No."

I think I see where this is going, as Nik bites into his own wrist. He makes Katherine drink his blood, and her wound instantly heals, spilled blood the only thing marring her tanned skin.

Nik, amused at all the attention, looks at Stefan, "You want your cure? There it is."

Stefan looks dumbfounded, "Your blood is the cure."

I curse, "Sometimes I really hate Mother Nature."

Niklaus casually sets an arm on the younger Salvatore's shoulder, "Now... Let's talk, you and I."

.

I groan as I watch Niklaus. He is squeezing a knife blade tightly, and blood is pouring from his hand into a vial. Stefan is looking at him.

Niklaus chuckles, "Don't faint on me sweetheart," turning to Stefan, he says, "There it is. You want to save your brother? How 'bout a decade-long bender? And I have big plans for you when we leave this town."

Stefan says, "I'm not like that anymore."

Niklaus says, "Well, that's too bad. You would have made a hell of a wingman." He looks past Stefan, at me, and continues, "Plus, if you want to save your brother, I'm gonna need something from our resident Elemental here."

He starts pouring the blood down the sink, and my eyes widen.

"Wait." Niklaus stops pouring the blood.

"Now that's more like it. I want you to join me for a drink."

He throws him a blood bag along the counter. Stefan takes it.

Niklaus watches while saying, "Aella, are you offering?" I meet his gaze, my eyebrows raised ludicrously. He mutters, "Thought so," And fills himself a cup of blood, looking back at the vampire on the floor. Stefan takes a sip from the blood bag.

 Stefan takes a sip from the blood bag

Niklaus is merciless, "Finish it. All of it. You do everything I say, and I save your brother. That's the deal.

Stefan drinks all of it, resulting in the hybrid throwing him another blood bag.

"Again."

I am so going to puke.

.

There are four emptied blood bags on the floor, a spazzing Stefan is sitting on the floor finishing drinking another one. He grunts, and looks up at Niklaus who is sitting at my side.

"You're very cooperative. It's almost as if you're enjoying it." Niklaus mocks, throwing another blood bag on the floor next to him.

"No more." I stop Stefan, turning to Nik, "Not until you give him the cure."

Niklaus rolls his eyes at me dampening his fun mood. "Not until we make a deal. It's your choice, Stefan. You can either remain here living your life in Mystic Falls, or you can embrace what you truly are, leave town with me and Aella, and save your brother's life."

"What, so you like need me to be your bodyguard or something?" I mutter, picking at my nails.

Niklaus throws a blood bag at Stefan, who rips it open and begins slurping it, "That's the spirit." He then turns to me, "I don't need a bodyguard. I just want to see your full potential." He softly grabs a lock of my blonde hair, "Unless you'd like to see me rain blood over this town."

He lets my hair go, but I catch his arm firmly, "Okay." I whisper, knowing that my life force revolves around the stability of this town.

He smirks and takes the vial with his blood, looking at Katherine. "Honey... Take this over to Damon and come right back."

Katherine gets up with obvious excitement hidden behind her anxiety, "You want me to leave?"

Stefan shouts, "No!"

But he's too late, as Niklaus continues, "Yes and if I were you..."

She takes the vial and rushes out the door with super speed, not wanting Nik to think it over.

Niklaus calls out, "I'd hurry."

He takes me by the waist and hauls me off the chair as he sits in my spot, before placing me on his lap. I throw his hands off my body, but don't want to further anger him at the moment, and so I stay in place. I can't help but feel comfort from his body heat.

"She'll never take it to him." Cries Stefan. I personally disagree, but decide to stay quiet.

Niklaus looks indifferent as he places his head on top of mine. I turn my face halfway and look at the hybrid, "Did you just sniff me?!"

......

Hey all!

How are you guys doing today?

If you guys are still wondering or didn't get it from the chapter, Aella was hurt by Bonnie's chanting because her spirit tethers itself to strong magical spots as an Elemental. Klaus was basically getting his life sucked out of him from the spell, and even the nature around them was getting ripped apart. That's why Aella was in pain, nature is in everything, and she's attached herself to them.

Any who, please vote and comment!

+ 470 views!

word count: 1101!