2. meeting the noble one

I laid in the grass, my figure blocked by the foliage around me. I smelt the earthy and sweet scent the land gave, and let my fingers relax into the soil.

This was a practice taught to me by Seraphine, passed down from our parents, and therefore our ancestors. I wanted a clearer image of what was occurring, and so I was asking the land to show me. I could not believe I was dealing with an Original, or as my luck would have it, the full fledged family.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know everyone has family issues, and I am no saint to that, but a part of me hoped Elijah is all I would have to deal with. The moon continued to shine down on my nightgown clad body, which by now was no doubt spotted with mud and whatnot. I don't have much against any of the Mikaelsons myself; Rebekah and I were once close during the early 1900s, even. I had seen Kol on one or two occasions, and obviously did not have anything against Finn, for I had never met him. It was Niklaus who I found particularly complex as a being. It was known for a fact that he was the hardheaded one, while Elijah was the nobler of the two.

The sun and the moon curse have been a part of storytelling in many civilizations for almost a thousand years. Some tales newer than others. Something about it was very perplexing to me, for centuries now, since these stories seem too similar to all come from different sources. I mean, even when talking about something like wolfsbane, it meant something different to the groups of people that knew about it. Some thought it toxic, some idolized it. Katherine made it clear that the moonstone was needed to bind the curse. But, why would I personally believe a selfish vampire who has been running from one family for five hundred years?

Why would the two Salvatore's and their little gang of misfits let themselves believe that safe keeping the stone would be a good idea? It seemed pretty unfathomable to me. I had never crossed paths with the girl, but from what I heard she seems to be quite the manipulator.

I also heard that she killed the blonde, Caroline, but I'm not sure as to whether she knew she had the vampire blood in her system... even thought she must have if she wanted to use Caroline to send be her little spy with all the messages.

What was Katerina Petrova really getting out of this?

I let my mind submerge, and was suddenly pulled into a vision.

I saw what I thought to be myself; struggling in an enclosed space. My voice was higher pitched as I screamed for help, and my hands were now tan as I used them to bang on what I now recognized as the inside of the trunk of a car. Eventually, a man, who seemed to be out of it, opened it, and carried me out while I continued kicking and screeching, placing me in a different vehicle. The point of view quickly changed to an aerial one, as I saw the man inside the vehicle wearing a black hoody along with a cap and sunglasses, beckoning the man who kidnapped the tan brunette to get closer to him. All I could do was watch as the compelled kidnapper was quickly drained and thrown onto the floor, the tires of the black vehicle holding the tan brunette screeching across the desert like ground, leaving me to cough repeatedly into my own reality.

After spitting out a couple of mouthfuls of Sand granules, I stood myself against the bark of a tree, gasping slightly at the effects of the vision.

I knew that there wasn't much I could do at the time, and so I went back into my cabin-like home to prepare for arranging Elena's rescue.

.

I looked into the mirror of the bathroom adjacent to my bedroom, sighing at the dirt that speckled across my face and neck. Not really with the time soared to take a shower I quickly soaped my face and washed it.

I then took of my soiled nightgown and threw on a black camisole, launching onto my bed to plan for a few minutes.

I sighed, I guess I'll have to meddle.

Since it was pretty chilly out, I grabbed a black leather jacket and shrugged it on after putting on a pair of acid washed skinny jeans.

I grabbed a banana off my kitchen counter and munched on it, as I prepared a green tea to go into my bag to drink as needed.

I then pretty much sped out of my house, and got on my motorcycle, letting the town pull me and using Elena's energy to take me there. It was kind of a state of self induced hypnosis, really. Like when a person drives from their workplace to their house without giving it much thought, instinctual. A couple of hours passed, and there hadn't been anything but the spare bush or tree along my path for a number of miles now. I could feel that I was getting closer to the brunette as her energy's pull increased, and a mansion was visible in the distance.

The sun had already risen by the time I parked behind the estate.

I couldn't help my surprise as I watched a car drive past, and feel Elena's energy once again lessen from my spot. Great. I literally came for nothing. I knew that the Salvatore brothers were with her as I felt their vampire entities too.

Instead of simply turning back, I sighed and took out my phone. Damon had sent a group message to us all, raving about having killed a vampire Elena had said was named Elijah.

"Hah!" I guffawed indisbelief. After walking in from the back entrance, I was quick to notice that the hoody guy's body from my vision was now decapitated, his head on the other side of the hall. "Seemed cute." I shrugged to myself, not really bothered. If Elijah had done this, this guy must have really crossed him or his family.

I made it across the house to were the front door would be, and saw a giant wooden stake on the ground.

"Come on, Icy blue!" I muttered to myself, "This kid really thought he could kill an Original with a regular stake."

"Hmm," an accented voice behind me sounded, "He did think he was quite victorious did he not?"

I turned around, and saw the Original vampire standing before me. He was stocky in built and seemed to be about 5'8. His brown eyes held sincerity that made him seem very trusting, and I knew that the rumors about him were true.

"I didn't get to make your acquaintance before," he offered his less bloodied hand, "Elijah."

I grasped it confidently, "Aella Lane. I'm sure you've heard about my family as I've heard of yours. Can I offer you a glass of tea?"

......

Hey all!

Don't worry, I'll start following along with the actual show soon enough. I just really wanna get Aella's whole persona across well.

I hope this isn't too boring so far. Please let me know in the comment section if you enjoyed it, and also with voting.

Have a marvelous day,

from me and the four-bromance!

word count: 1246!