Chapter Three: Runway Girls Dancing to Faerie Music

"Girls, are you ready?" A manager asked.

I stood in the back of the dressing room, watching models get ready for the show. Beautiful women stuffed tightly together in front of mirrors, double checking their makeup, hair, and clothes. A few men did the same thing, but women dominated the room. It smelled of perfume and powder and I snuck up behind the women before grabbing a photo of them. Some of them gave me a polite smile, but once they saw my face they winced. Some of these women I knew from work. Those women gave me a nod of acknowledgement.  

Fashion shows I hate, but the money is good and the shoot is easy if you know what you're doing. It also made me feel normal. It had been a couple days since the pain in the butt faerie started following me. 

"Matty, get out of here!" The manager yelled at me from across the room. A few of the women giggled at this since I always got yelled at.

"Oh come on, you know backstage photos are more interesting than shots on the runway!" I said as the manager came over to me.

"You're only supposed to get the runway!" He said, glaring down at me with his hands on his hips. It was like one of the guys from Queer Eye suddenly got mean.

 "Let me do my job, you know I do it better than anyone else!" 

"Out! Out! Out! These designs are supposed to be a surprise! Now get out!"

And very bitchy. 

"You know how boring those shots are. I want these women to stand out and so do they, don't you guys!" I turned to look at a few of them. 

"Yeah!" A few of them yelled from behind me.

"Let her stay here."

I knew that voice. 

We both looked to see Rose. What are you wearing? She wore a weird two piece dress that showed off her stomach and the top cupped her boobs like a bra. And over the two piece, there was a gauzy black one piece transparent dress over it. The dress part actually had sleeves and there were white cherry blossoms woven into the gauzy material. Of course, I didn't ask what she was wearing because these fashion shows always had something weird, but I'm not sure if they took advantage of Rose in a way that they should to show off the designs the best they could. 

"Rose, you're here?" I asked. "How come-"

Rose smiled at me as she waved a finger at the manager. "It'll be fine. She works with Jorge."

The manager tensed at my boss's name before huffing and turning away. He turned to glare as he reached the door and I waved at him with only my middle finger. 

"Do you like irritating people?" Rose asked. 

"Just the annoying people," I said as I turned to look at her. "Thanks, I didn't know you were going to be here." 

"I thought I'd let it be a surprise," Rose said, "and I figured you'd piss someone off."

"It's not my fault."

Rose didn't look convinced. I heard the first few guitar beats coming from somewhere on a phone. 

"I don't believe in fairytales, they're nothing, but lies. They're no princes with beautiful faces. Look into my eyes when I'm telling you this. "

"Oh, that reminds, your crush is here." Rose said. She looked at the direction of where the music was coming from. 

Lowell? He's supposed to be recovering from his hangover-

"Eloy." Rose said. "That's it, right?" 

"What! No way!" I said jumping up and down. "Really? Like is he here to perform?"