Chapter Thirty-Eight: It's Crazy When Fairytales are Real

Orisin's eyes couldn't get any bigger.

I couldn't blame him. The photography session with a fake forest looked pretty fancy with all the lights, makeup, props, and cameras. The naked people walking around probably helped too.

According to Eloy, we were only gone for a couple days. It felt like a week and when I came into work the next day, Jorge looked at me and asked what the hell happened to me and sent me home for a week.

It had been three weeks since we got back from Faerie.

Three weeks. Fall was beginning to give way to winter and we were expecting the first snow fall tonight.

"Is it always like this in the human world?" Orisin asked as Aine danced around a model. She kept looking at the outfits and mimicking poses. She'd grab handfuls of fabric and nod her head at this and that.

"Matty, I am not wearing this." Rose stomped her way toward me with a big puffy yellow dress. "It's yellow."

"You look nice in whatever you wear."

Rose rolled her eyes. Rose looked healthier. She looked like she gained a pound or two since the breakup and I had to threaten her agent with the help of Jorge when the agent thought about saying something. Her face had some color and her eyes shined. At the moment she wore a bright red silk robe and held up the dress.

"You're full of it."

"Have I ever made you look bad in something?" I asked and she frowned. She shook her head.

"Hey, someone left you a gift in the locker room by the way," she said as she turned around and the click of the high heels seemed to highlight how pissed she was.

"A gift?" Orisin asked.

I shrugged and Aine looked at the dress. "I like the dress."

"You can pull off any color though," Orisin said without missing a beat.

I made a gagging noise as I walked. Orisin and Aine seemed content with staying with me, but maybe they were still scared of the Nightmare court. The Nightmare court had sent a few people, but Antonio and Keeva were able to help out with them. 

In the locker room I found a brown package. It got through security so it should be fine, but I still didn't like the feeling in my gut.

"Magic," Orisin asked.

"Well is there a magic bomb I need to know about?" I asked. Orisin frowned and shook his head. That wasn't comforting. Fuck.

"It's fine," Aine said.

I didn't believe her, but I opened the box. Inside was the dagger Erasmus supposedly made for me.

There was a red rose on it.

"Poisoned?" I asked the two.

Aine looked and Orisin sniffed at it.

"No."

I picked up the dagger.

A card sat at the bottom of the box.

Love

Erasmus. 

                                                    ________