Chapter Thirteen: Repunzel, let down Your Hair Baby Girl

I threw my shoulders back and held my breath to make myself look bigger. Antonio smirked a little.

A slow song began to play and Antonio offered his hand to me.

"A dance?"

I looked over to check on Lowell. He was grinding on some woman and twirling her around, throwing out that perfect smile of his.

"NO!" Drake said, flying in-between us. 

"You could at least try to hide your jealousy." Antonio said. 

Drake glared at him. "I do not trusts corpses." 

"Drake." I said. "Antonio did help us." 

"You really want his fangs near your neck?" 

Also a good point. 

"I already had something to eat." 

Antonio actually smiled at me as if this was going to undo all the weird feelings I had about him. 

"Charming," Drake said. 

I took his hand. Drake made a rude gagging noise as I rolled my eye. Antonio stepped back and pulled me toward him before twirling me around. His movements felt fluid and graceful which shouldn't have been surprising, but I kept stepping over my own feet and running into his chest.

"Ah christ, maybe we should sit down-" I said. 

Antonio grabbed my hand and laced his white fingers with mine. Drake flew off my shoulder and hovered above us. He looked like he was standing in the air with his arms folded over his chest as his eyes narrowed on Antonio. Antonio pulled me over to him and rested his free hand on my waist. He slowed down his movements and my feet found a vague beat.

"One, two, one, two," Antonio whispered and spun me around.

"There you go," Antonio said.

The song stopped and I looked up at him as he held my hand. He was looking at my scarred hand. His pale thumb ran over the scars and he looked down at it. I was a little nervous and swallowed. Just hold still, the bear won't attack you if you're still. That's how it goes, right?

"What do you see when you look at me, Matty?"

Was he asking what I think he was asking? 

With my free hand I tapped under my right eye. He nodded. 

I looked at him through my right eye. His skin was paler and his eyes were blood red. The blue veins just beneath his skin glowed. Otherwise, he could almost pass.

"You could let go now." Drake said, flying in front of Antonio's face.

"Scared to lose her attention, little dragon?" Antonio asked, smirking slightly.

Drake rolled his eyes. "I don't like the way you're eying her. She's not to eat."

"I've had garlic for lunch today," I said with a smile.

Antonio leaned down, smiling slightly. "I'm concerned that maybe you were expecting me-"

Antonio froze for a moment. His eyes narrowed as his nostrils widened.

"Blood."

I looked over my shoulder. I heard the soft grunting noises of the Red Caps before seeing the tops of their hats in the crowd. Half a dozen little red hats went through the crowd of humans. They bumped into people and a few drunk people tripped over them before running up to the corner where there was a spiral metal staircase that led to the strip club, I assumed.