Epilogue: Orange Roses Revamped

"Dragons are foolish creatures only craving gold

But remember little girl, dragon's hearts are cold

He'll tell you that you're a precious treasure

And this might give you much pleasure.

But loving a dragon is like singing a lullaby

To a butterfly." 

Orange roses littered the corpses as a thin voice whispered from them. 

                                                                  ________

"I promise," I said. "This is nice and quiet and calm." And clubs had a habit of attracting both vampires and faeries. They loved the possibility of sex and food. If you were really unlucky, you'd end up with a faerie that was looking for both. 

                                                              ___________

"Get off, Eloy! Eloy! It's me! It's me! MATTY!" I screamed as I tried scratching his face. He wasn't looking at me. He looked at something right by my head. He blinked a few times and the mist around him evaporated. I breathed hard as I breathed in hard. I should've brought the goddamn dagger. "ELOY!"

"There's a corpse."

Eloy scrambled off of me and I rolled onto what felt like a body. I looked down to see a pretty face where the skull at the eyebrow had been smashed in.

                                                         _____________

It was like looking into a mirror. The man standing in front of me with a guitar in his hands.

Well, our scars were the same. The scars ran over his right eye, lip, over his chin, and down his chest. I wondered if the pattern went underneath the white buttoned up shirt. Besides the scars, Ari and I didn't look anything alike. He was about a foot taller than me, a bit on the skinny side, black hair, and brown eyes. There was something handsome about him. He probably would've been a model if he didn't have the scars. His fingers were long with his right hand being covered in scars. It had to hurt to hold his guitar for long in that hand.

"I, what is that?" Drake said. He sounded more confused than me.

"Another human with..." I said.

"Sight?" Drake whispered.

                                                                                     _______ 

"There is no such madness in you, my dear."

Drake! I broke out into a run, but stopped and as I heard you need to find the real Drake! Bounced in my skull. I peeked around the tree to see Drake sitting on a large boulder as a woman with long blue hair and skin. Her eyes were a lime green as she smiled at Drake. Drake played with her hair as he wore an easy smile that made his whole face light up. His black silver wings glimmered in the sunlight. I didn't see any big scars from where I was. He looked...sweet.

"How do you know that, my dragon?" She asked as she got out of the water and kissed him on the mouth.

Was this...his wife?

                                                                                 _________

Antonio saw me from the dirt and lounged out for me. His fangs out and a tight grip on my throat.

"Antonio, it's me!" I said in a squeak as my feet kicked the air. With one hand he pressed me to the dented door.

"Is this what you want, you old withered corpse?" Antonio asked and squeezed. Oracle stood still and his eyes met mine. Dagger. My hand dropped and until I found the dagger, but it slipped from my fingers.

Drake. I shut my eyes and wondered if Drake somehow knew I might be dead in a minute.

"Put her down, please," Oracle said.

"Not until you give him back to us!" Antonio said. Oh Ari. Oh fuck this. Antonio's grip loosened and he looked up at me with red eyes and his fangs out. I bit hard into his hands when his grip loosened. Blood flooded my mouth and Antonio dropped me as I grabbed the dagger. I picked it up and held it in front of me.

Antonio hissed. 

                                                                        ____________

Walking out of the warehouse, the night felt silent and heavy. Drake's arms hugged me tightly as I went to Antonio. He ran over to me, fangs out.

"What the..." Antonio looked down at me. I must have looked pretty bad. My hair stuck to my face and I only had a cloak covering up my chest. My jeans were also covered in mud and my hands couldn't stop shaking. The strange thing was that I wasn't beat up too badly and considering all the other shit I've gone through this summer, I was doing great, but I couldn't find the words to explain.

"We should leave." Drake said.

"I can smell the other faeries," Antonio said.     

                                                             __________________

Orange Roses 

Bodies light up with desire

Like a violent fire

Blooming into the color of sapphire

And like a pitiful satire

We all become the liar